PCM reset and now have power / Need Help

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted on here a week ago regarding to my 06 where I sent it away to have it supercharged which resulted in 661 rwhp. But had to send it right back to the shop to have some work done that did not get completed. But when I received the car back the second time it didn't seem to have full power. A few months later I had it placed on the dyno with it ranging from 631 to 592. Everyones response on here was heat and different dyno (but both were dynojet) and that the hp was ok. I could tell the car wasn't the same, despite the heat/dyno variance. Someone told me to take the battery cables off and ground them out. Once I did that I could tell a drastic increase in power. Have not had it back to the shop to dyno it yet, but it feels like it did when I got the car back after the initial install of the supercharger Anyone have any suggestions on the cause. There was no CEL, and the shop which had it on the dyno recently said it threw no codes, not even sure if they checked it though that is just what they said. It has full headers, high flow cat, stock block. The only thing that was done to the car when it was at the shop the second time was the skip shift was removed, wouldn't think that would have caused anything but not sure. Thanks for any help / thoughts.

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't mean to reply to such an old thread lol , but the likely cause of your loss of power is the long term knock trims. Just like with the fuel trims, there are adaptive values for spark retard from knock. When you disconnect the battery, the volatile memory is cleared, which is where adaptive values for fuel, spark and idle control trims are stored.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang