Pedal options - better heel/toe and shorter clutch throw?

Payne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently picked up a 98 GTS and I'm looking to improve the geometry of the pedals, as I have 3 bad disks in my back from time in the Middle East.

I'd like to shorten the clutch throw. I've heard that Roe makes a kit. Anyone else? And good/bad about the Roe kit?

I'd also like to see if its possible to get a pedal set to move the gas closer to the brake. I've had three right knee surgeries, so I hate how cocked I have to get now to heel/toe the car.

Thanks guys!:usa:

Jason

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jason,

Sean's clutch pedal adjustment is really only to lower the clutch pedal to make it more in line with the height of the other 2 pedals (while at rest). I guess it would also shorten the throw, but not by much. There are many aftermarket pedals, some of which will make heel/toeing easier. These will widen the gas pedal towards the brake as you're seeking. I'll find a few and post links.

Momo and Sparco sets:

Pedal Sets Dodge Viper

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the Roe clutch kit. There's a how-to in the Illustrated's Section about it. It lowers the clutch pedal about 1/2" which helps me clear the knee bolster and no banged up knee cap. In my RT/10 service manual, there's a section that discusses how to adjust the pedals and it looks like you can move the pedals closer to one another. If I can scan the pages I'll post them here.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can change the position of the gas pedal by installing a small loop around the end of the cable. Varying the length of the loop changes the height so you can match it with the brake pedal.
186gas_pedal_fix_1.JPG

The loop was a hard plastic tube (orange color) that I split on one side and keep on the cable with the small tie wrap. The black plastic piece is part of the gas pedal assembly. The silver part is the ball end of the throttle cable. Almost 10 years use with no problems.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can change the position of the gas pedal by installing a small loop around the end of the cable. Varying the length of the loop changes the height so you can match it with the brake pedal.

The loop was a hard plastic tube (orange color) that I split on one side and keep on the cable with the small tie wrap. The black plastic piece is part of the gas pedal assembly. The silver part is the ball end of the throttle cable. Almost 10 years use with no problems.

Just like **** Tom, you threw a little foo-foo dust at it, and presto-chango , you made it better!

Sorry man. Just practicing for my mid-terms next week.

:D

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the autovation pedals in my first Viper.
They were great with narrow driving shoes, but I occasionally hit both gas and brake with street shoes. I
t's annoying to want to hit the brake and then also catch the edge of the gas pedal.
Just something to be aware before installation.

5397Hpim3370.jpg

I also lowered the stock shifter with a shorter shifter shaft from Rich Detert. Not sure if he still makes those.
It was definitely lower but did require more effort in moving the shifter because of the reduced leverage.

Detert_Shifter_Shaft_001.jpg

Last edited:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to shorten the clutch throw.

any way to shorten clutch throw? original pedal position is ok for me, but have to point my toe (pedal almost to floor board) to fully engage clutch - clutch operation is a-o.k. as far as i can tell

thanks for any help

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clutch Pedal Modification Kit - 96-02 Viper - Clutches & Flywheels - Roe Racing

This lowers the clutch 1". I havent tried it yet, but plan to.

sorry for the lack of clarity:

let’s say
the resting clutch starts at 0 and
fully depressed it ends at 10

as i understand it, with the Roe kit
the resting clutch starts at 2 or 3 and
fully depressed it ends at 10

i’m wanting to adjust so
the resting clutch starts at 0 to 3 and
fully depressed it ends at 5-8

is there a mod for this?

thanks

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was looking at some of the Momo pedals. Not for enhanced foot performance as I do not track the car, but just for footwell bling. Being tall however, I rest my left leg with my toes under the clutch pedal when like out on the hiway. It looks like all of the aftermarket pedals would stick down a bit and reduces the space below the clutch pedal where I stick the end of my foot. Does anyone know if that is the case? Momo has no dimensional info at their site.