Pics from another Sebring Track Day! + New Nitto NT05.. 56k.....yeah right ....

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I wanted to share some pics of another weekend at Sebring with you! I also got a chance to drive on the track at Sebring and Homestead a few weeks before with Nittos new NT05 tires... I am running 285/35/18 front and 335/30/19 rear.... I am VERY impressed with these tires, they have so much grip and they are so predictable it is so hard to actually break them loose, feedback is excellent. At Sebring it even started to rain briefly and they did very well in the wet too, but thankfully the track dried fast. I thought the INVOS were decent on the track, but these tire are well above the INVOs and PS2s in terms of grip... This is a great tire for someone who wants to drive to and from the track safely without running Hoosers or something similar. I was running 29psi cold all around. For the price, these tires are incredible and would be good for street or track use.... They will also wear better then anyother track tire for the street. I am VERY happy and very impressed with these..... Also, as you see on my car we have our new Viper specific 3pc racing wheels, however we did not release these yet.... so I do not have much more info on them as of now.... They are stock sizes FYI..... We also ran the car with our new carbon fiber lip, and if anyone knows Sebring, on the back straight i got up to about 170mph.... Car felt great, very planted and stable..... plus it looks great!:)

I hope you enjoy these pics as much fun as I had having them taken of me having fun!:)

You must be registered for see images

And FINALLY the on track shots!!!! enjoy!

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
more pics!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Looks like you had fun.

What shocks / springs were you running?

Dan

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool pics! Car looks awesome. I guess now you have some "on track" data/experience for the carbon lip!

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as always beautiful car, tell me about your trailer, cause i need one and your car is as low as mine and if you can load it on that trailerwhere and how much. sorry to change the channel nd you have to come to homestead on the sept. 12 and run the track with nascar 3 and 4 its just wow.
benny

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car looks SICK NEAL! Awesome man! Good info on the splitter at the higher speeds as well. Great track shots.

Andy Wheeler:2tu:

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love those wheels and front splitter. Where is that instructor telling you to go in one of the pix?
LOL! that' my buddy Jason with me, he think's he is faster and kept telling me I take a different line then him, yet I pass him everytime on the track! LOL.... I been a solo driver for a few years at Sebring..

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as always beautiful car, tell me about your trailer, cause i need one and your car is as low as mine and if you can load it on that trailerwhere and how much. sorry to change the channel nd you have to come to homestead on the sept. 12 and run the track with nascar 3 and 4 its just wow.
benny

Thank you! I actually am signing up tomorrow for the Hooked on driving event on the 12th! I will see you there! I am curious to see how the Nascar turn 3 and 4 feels... I never drove on anything like that.

About my trailer.... My friend owns a trailer company up north in Florida and makes these for us... We are actually going to start selling them soon under our own name... its an 18ft wood deck trailer with a 2" dove tail, has brakes etc... Weighs only 1,800lbs..... I need to tilt my trailer back with the trailer jack and I also have to use race ramps to extend the ramps that come with it.... Which is natural for any low car... If you are interested in one PM me, its about $3,800.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks Good! I love the Sebring track. Gets a little hot in the car this time of year.

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks Good! I love the Sebring track. Gets a little hot in the car this time of year.
Hot is not even the word!!!!!! I felt like I was about to die after each session! The amount of heat in the car was beyond incredible.... I got out of the car dripping sweat...

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pics and thanks for sharing. Definitely one of my favorite SRT's. I like the track wheels better than the HRE's.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's Florida. I live here to drive year round. I'm not gonna hibernate in the summer.

One for each season...
:drive::drive::drive::drive:

I like the heat. That's why I live in south Florida. I must admit that I usually do more boating in the summer and drive my cars more in the winter. As far as driving at Sebring during the hot months you just need to bring a few sets of clothes and drink lots of fuilds.

G

Gotvenom 08

Your car looks awesome! Great pics. Thanks for sharing.:2tu:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is my new favorite viper....

Man Im gonna get a red coupe when I can afford it and do a similar color scheme...I never thought the numbers and nito would make it look like such a race car..truly amazing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte