[PIC's] New Carbon Vipair Hood & ACR paint scheme [PIC's]

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I have been trying to get this hood, and paint work done for at least 6 months now, and finally got the car out of the shop last friday. Took the painters about 6 weeks ( took their time lol ). I want to thank Steve Prescott at Vipair for working with me on the hood. I originally purchased his hi rise hood since he was no longer producing his carbon hoods. About a week before the car was supposed to go in the first time Steve called and told me to hold off another week and he would get me an 08 hood in carbon. A week later I had the new hood and shipped my fiberglass his rise 08 hood to another forum member.

I did pick up a Henessey rear spoiler and we are working on getting it fitted, and we should have it on in a couple weeks, or whenever I have time to get over there, so for now we just finished the deck-lid with the drivers stripe. As you can see in the bottom pic of the rear I chose to stop the black center band right at the top rear most portion of the decklid. Me and Ryan Absolute Hank were talking the other day and Ryan made a good point that the completely black trunk lid kind of has that look like its just slapped on so I did it a little different.

So thanks so much to Steve for an awesome looking hood! I left the center cowl section in carbon, and painted the rest black. It doesn't show up well in this pick, but it looks absolutely incredible in person, and in the sun!

Well here she is! Definitely more aggressive than the red 03 I started with!

Andy Wheeler

You must be registered for see images attach

All I can say is "Wow!"

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
License plate joking aside, the car looks very good. Todd Abrams had a silver car with the same scheme in his avatar, and I would love to see some more of that car. Gives me bad ideas.:D

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
License plate joking aside, the car looks very good. Todd Abrams had a silver car with the same scheme in his avatar, and I would love to see some more of that car. Gives me bad ideas.:D

Tiago might be doing the same to his silver vert. Got any pics of Todds car?

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tiago might be doing the same to his silver vert. Got any pics of Todds car?

I PM'd him a few months ago with no response. I couldn't find any pictures of the car. Tiago's will look good, even with those 542's.:D

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I PM'd him a few months ago with no response. I couldn't find any pictures of the car. Tiago's will look good, even with those 542's.:D

LOL :D

I've had thoughts of switching wheels... just add another thing to the list!

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy you have any shots of the trunk lid where the black stops and red starts. Been toying with the idea of buying a SRT10 vert when I pay off GTS and trying to get some ideas swirling in my head.

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Andy you have any shots of the trunk lid where the black stops and red starts. Been toying with the idea of buying a SRT10 vert when I pay off GTS and trying to get some ideas swirling in my head.

I probably have one but I want to reshoot a shot or two so I will get that one for you.

Thanks Wayne looking forward to seeing your new hood on the car!
Looks great Andy. Ive loved the Gen4 ACR paint theme from day one.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL :D

I've had thoughts of switching wheels... just add another thing to the list!

Yours is turning out exactly how I would have done one. Silver with a solid black center and an offset silver strip would look great...even with the 542's.:rolaugh::rolaugh:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bingo. To have a car that looks that good for as little money as they are bringing right now, it gives us all very bad ideas.:drive:

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Austin I should have that shot to you by the end of the day.

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy:

Beth and I just finished converting our cars (08 convert and 08 coupe) to the ACR aero parts. I see you have already added a front splitter and I see from this thread a Hennesey rear spoiler was discussed. Beth just completed the conversion to the ACR wing with the shorty stancions, looks great but if you go that route you will need to upgrade the suspension. Am very please with the look and we are heading up to TWS to see the change in performance. If you have any interest in going this way drop me a PM.

B&R

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bingo. To have a car that looks that good for as little money as they are bringing right now, it gives us all very bad ideas.:drive:

Precisely! If I buy one, it will end up just getting lowered, wheels, and catback most likely. Unless I do some "Andy" paint work. :cool:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Precisely! If I buy one, it will end up just getting lowered, wheels, and catback most likely. Unless I do some "Andy" paint work. :cool:

The 08 hood is a must. I can't believe how much those hoods add to the car. I may end up trading the coupe for a vert just to play with the stripe stuff. I can't do that on mine.:dunno: I even think grabbing a GTS and doing a side band would be sharp and different even if a person just did it in vinyl. Your car with a black side band would be pretty nice I think. I am leaning toward a Saphire GTS with a silver band. For some reason, I think Austin could pump out a PS that would inspire one to go that route.....

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to tell me what color GTS and stripe. I agree, the newer hood does look really good and adds a lot to the car, but I will admit that I still like the smooth hood on some colors.

The 08 hood is a must. I can't believe how much those hoods add to the car. I may end up trading the coupe for a vert just to play with the stripe stuff. I can't do that on mine.:dunno: I even think grabbing a GTS and doing a side band would be sharp and different even if a person just did it in vinyl. Your car with a black side band would be pretty nice I think. I am leaning toward a Saphire GTS with a silver band. For some reason, I think Austin could pump out a PS that would inspire one to go that route.....

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to tell me what color GTS and stripe. I agree, the newer hood does look really good and adds a lot to the car, but I will admit that I still like the smooth hood on some colors.

I agree too! If it's solid, 08 hood 100% of the time. I love the ACR striped cars, where it runs right through the vents too. Most striped 06 cars with 08 hoods just don't go as well together

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy, the car looks stunning now. I dig the trunk paint quite a bit, and agree that just a painted lid would have looked like you had a salvage yard part on a red car. Will the spoiler be painted the same theme, black only on the top surface?

Only thing I'd change is to paint the lower rear bumper area like the coupes. It makes the rear appear wider visually.

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep spoiler will be painted same way, and you read my mind on the lower valence.

Thanks Tony glad you like it.

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Andy:

Beth and I just finished converting our cars (08 convert and 08 coupe) to the ACR aero parts. I see you have already added a front splitter and I see from this thread a Hennesey rear spoiler was discussed. Beth just completed the conversion to the ACR wing with the shorty stancions, looks great but if you go that route you will need to upgrade the suspension. Am very please with the look and we are heading up to TWS to see the change in performance. If you have any interest in going this way drop me a PM.

B&R

Shooting you a pm Richard.

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks John wish I was back there to hit the Annapolis streets they way we used to, that was a blast!