Pics of Jeff's Hardtop (solid black)

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thought I would post some pic's of Jeff's Hardtop. It gets lot's of compliments. Thanks to Jeff and JonB.

hardtopside.jpg

hardtop3.jpg

hardtop2.jpg

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, I LIKE it....we'll have to keep that in mind--as evidenced by others' damage to their soft tops...we'd love a hardtop as well....thanx for posting--as always--Jeff Lemke comes thru!!! LOOKS GREAT!~! ~juli

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love it. How does it attach? Any modifications needed? Did you paint it or Jeff did it for you?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that does look good. Thanks for the pics. I like the BLACK.
Jeff

Yayyy, YOU!! YES, BLACK is the best Viper color out there, no more discussions! :rolaugh:
That hardtop is beautiful, Jeff...we will be keeping that in mind, as we DO want a hardtop at some point...the soft top just INVITES vandalism...GREAT job on that, as always! :2tu:
~juli~

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jesus that is gorgeous! I think its because of the black that it flows so well. Looks REALLY REALLY nice, enjoy!!

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At some point I would love to have this top in carbon and the 08 hood in carbon to get that carbon coupe look.

OP
OP
S

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everyone,
I like the look, it's more formal.

As always Jeff and JonB were great to deal with.:2tu:

It attach's in the front just like the factory top and in the back is held in place between the trunk lid and the collapsed convertible top. (the trunk lid presses down on it when closed, works well)
No mods needed and I received it already painted. The guide pins on the front (similar to the OEM) can be turned in or out a bit for some fitment. You can also adjust the latch hook for how tight you want the top to the windshield frame.

JB/SRT has a pic of the inside he posted not too long ago. It has felt lining and when your sitting in the car it looks factory.

IMO black is just plain sinister and and shows the lines so well.
Len

murfman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is the headroom compared to the stock soft top? 6'5" and worried:D I like the look, might help the decision between Roadster and Coupe, now that color has been established.

OP
OP
S

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nader,
I don't have access to the top at the moment or I would actually weigh it myself. Maybe Jeff can verify but I would have to guess maybe 20lbs?? All I can say now is that it has the glass window and when two people remove it, the top feels very light.

Murfman,
The profile is slightly lower than the convertible top so the headroom is a little less.

Len

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How is the headroom compared to the stock soft top? 6'5" and worried:D I like the look, might help the decision between Roadster and Coupe, now that color has been established.

Since its a smidge lower you may want to consider a seat lowering kit. I'm 6'4" / 200lbs, I'm going to do the 2" kit myself.

I actually find the headroom in the SRT10 to be VERY good (I was surprised when I sat in it). I'm lowering my seat for 3 primary reasons:

1. Sick of looking at the windshield header, and needing to crane my neck down to see out of the side window easily.

2. Want more "wiggle room" around the knees

3. Don't like sitting so high period, when the top is down, I sort of feel like I'm sitting ON the car rather than IN the car.

Hope this helps, coming from another jolly green giant! LOL

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Really like the top. Im thinking about eventually getting one. I may opt for the carbon top on my Copperhead. I think it would look sharp. Im used to looking at a black top now, so I dont think I would go with color match.
Anyone have pics of carbong fiber top on any other color then black?

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That top is sooooo Money!

It's what should've come from the factory in the first place!

Jay K.

mynewviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
30 lbs with plexi rear window. A couple more with glass.

Jeff

Wasn't aware you could get hardtops with "Real" Glass. Can anyone dirrect me to a WebSite as to pricing, etc? Thanks

boplaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Look up. It's in Jeff's sig.

(put another commission towards my top Jeff - thanks)