Pics Of My Crashed Viper

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:Originally Posted by Chuck 98 RT/10
My driver's seat is looking a little worn. Could I swap it with yours before the insurance company gets it?

Quote:Originally Posted by Warfang
Can i get the passenger seat, center console and doors?

Vultures

but uhhhh, my passenger taillight has a small crack in it, if you wanted to do an even trade

whew.. vultures ! rofl
great set of tires... ;)

LMAO, yea I do see a fire sale coming, get your tools out guys.:D

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today coming home after my 9 year olds baseball practice we saw the end of the
rainbow. 1/4 mile from the accident site. :dunno:
IMG_2846.JPG

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That driver's seat may be the LUCKIEST Viper seat available. You should start the bidding at $10,000 !!!

Last edited:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I'll start this off by saying I don't have the best lighting and I am 100% sober, but does anyone else see the word "Viper" in white at the end of the rainbow? Looks like its even in the correct font :omg:
You must be registered for see images

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another member of our Forum wrecked his car over the weekend I am being told. There was a post here on it, but I think it was deleted. The car was an 08 that was modified and was racing on an open parking lot.

Hope all is ok with him

Bruce

theviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are lucky you were able to swerve at the last second and avoid impact to the driver door. Good to hear you're okay. But, again, these cars are very dangerous in conditions under 50 degrees (maybe 60 degrees...who knows). The tires are like ice skates. Be careful in low temps. You cannot manuever the car and because it has NO safety features like ESP (ESC, DSC, etc), when you're out of control, you're in trouble.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Another member of our Forum wrecked his car over the weekend I am being told. There was a post here on it, but I think it was deleted. The car was an 08 that was modified and was racing on an open parking lot.
Hope all is ok with him...Bruce

There were FOUR snakes that I know of that got bit just last weekend.

The two noted above, plus another Bumble-Bee in VA-MD, as well as a green RT in WA. All drivers are OK

Bwright

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanted,

Glad to hear you walked away. That’s all that matters. Couple of things about this crash struck me:

• Skill plays a big, big factor here. You retained the presence of mind to keep fighting the skid and turned the wheel just enough that you ended up striking the pole with the heaviest part of the car leaving the airbags to pitch in as designed. This is an excellent example of why we need way better driver training in country as a disappointing majority of drivers likely would not have know what to do and would have simply frozen. Lights out. Driver “education” in country borders on criminally negligent and needs to be reformed ASAP. You’ve obviously seen a spin-control instance before.
  • You mentioned that the airbags helped significantly. I agree. I would also say that the next Viper should come with dual side-airbags similar to the way Porsche does it on the 911. One in the seat and one in the top of the door designed to blow upward to cover the glass. Had you not been able to rotate the car and so still hit the tree sideways this would have gone a ways to minimize injuries to your head and torso. They might have turned a near certain fatality into serious but survivable injury.
  • Those who ignorantly opine that fiberglass bodied cars (Vette, Viper et al) can’t take a heavy impact because “it splinters into pieces don’t you know?” should be required to read your post and look at the pictures. Skin doesn’t protect, structures do. Despite an impact heavy enough to cause a write-off the passenger compartment is completely intact.
  • You comment that the ABS helped was spot on. I would say that the inclusion of a stability control system would have helped you but not many other drivers out there. See again point 1. You had the presence of mind to fight the spin and won because you kept fighting. In that situation a stability system is designed to augment your control inputs and help the car turn even faster in the desired direction. But an untrained driver would have either frozen or not known which way to turn the wheel to help himself. The system would have been useless to him but would have helped you as did the ABS you cited but only because you knew exactly what to do in the situation.
  • Finally, I think OnStar would have been helpful because I am struck by the fact that you said you lost your phone in the impact. OnStar would have sensed a crash, checked in and sent help fast. I know this because it did the same for my brother-in-law who was T-boned and knocked unconscious. Help was there when he came to because an Onstar operator called, checked in and became concerned when she received no response. I know you crashed in a residential area and help arrived fairly quickly I am just trying to think broadly in case the same situation arose in a different context. No sense in you being pinned in the car alone until someone happens on the scene.
Anyway, again, glad to see you’re OK. Recuperate and get yourself to an SRT-10 posthaste.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what do you do with this car? DO you keep it and part it out, or does the insurance company own the car once they pay up? I think the answer is the latter, but that really *****. You pay all these premiums for compensation when you have a loss, and then you have to give up ownership of the vehicle so that the insurance company can re-coup some of their payout. If you ask me it should be the other way around.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what do you do with this car? DO you keep it and part it out, or does the insurance company own the car once they pay up? I think the answer is the latter, but that really *****. You pay all these premiums for compensation when you have a loss, and then you have to give up ownership of the vehicle so that the insurance company can re-coup some of their payout. If you ask me it should be the other way around.

Me I definately hope it will be the former, if the frame is not damaged beyond a frame rack's capability and the firewall remains dent-free it should definately get fixed provided that Wanted can pay for it all.
Just do it, because you CAN! Pay your car back for the love it gave ya (as previously noted)!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way you rebuild it, been there, done that. Thought I would rebuild out of sentmentality but after talking to wiser heads...Pemberton, JonB, Heffner, and others you just don't go there. Salvage title means you get the $$ from the insurance company to rebuild back to regular book value but you will NEVER, EVER get regular book value again if you sell. Knock about a third off.
Tough it out and move on. There are better Vipers to buy anyway. INCLUDING low mile exact duplicates of the original crashee.
I made 6k on the exchange and found the exact same car 2 days later with only 1400 miles on it. Thanks to "Vulture" John.
Tom should max the insurance out and buy an 08-09 ACR though, he has an agenda waiting for him at the drag strip.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave