Pics of My Lowered SRT10 on a Budget

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dimitrios - I am having an S/C and exhaust mods installed right now. While my car is down I am also considering lowering the it, but have so much $$ in my current project I cannot afford the Moton option. So my question to you is when you installed the Eibachs did you also have the stock shocks revalved. My installer said that is an option to take care of rebound issues to prevent blowing out the OEM shocks.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have over 2k NYC miles on the suspension and no problems at all. this means no BLOW outs. also there are no rubbing issues. i believe the wizards said the stock shocks have bump stops on them so they would never bottom out on the rebound. i think its just a rumor this whole blowout thing..

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
May I ask what the new ground clearance is? The reason I ask is that on my stock Viper there is one point that is 3-5/8 inches off the ground. I cannot imagine wanting to go any lower than that.

You guys apparently never encounter any roadkill or have a curbed driveway.

Last edited:

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering...how is it with lowered cars (and many at stock height) dealing with speed bumps on city streets or parking lots, drive areas, ect.? These things are going up everywhere here and some are not bad, others are like the Alps :omg:
I have had to actually leave, not park anywhere in the area due to this, like going to dinner or ?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
May I ask what the new ground clearance is? The reason I ask is that on my stock Viper there is one point that is 3-5/8 inches off the ground. I cannot image wanting to go any lower than that.

You guys apparently never encounter any roadkill or have a curbed driveway.

I dont know about your car or the older GEN 1/2's but my SRT was at almost 5-5 1/2 "s of ground clearance on lower jack points. Those are probably lowest points on car. After lowering mine, there is 3 1/4" in front and 3 3/4" rear. Its still very streetable, but you have to be careful and know your area. There is a shopping center i would go to, that I barely got over speed bumps when stock, now I would get stuck, so i wont be going there in the Viper. Some of these speed bumps these days are mountains.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is streetable but just need to be careful going up or down curb aprons and speed bumps. Taking them at an angle and really slow helps considerably.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i think its just a rumor this whole blowout thing..

I dont think a rumor caused the shock oil all over the suspension and the rear of the SRT's I have had through here, mine included. 2000 miles isnt a lot, (we drive an average of 4-5 times that per summer) You may get lucky, or perhaps your roads are just better than ours in certain ways. (notoriously BIG drop-offs and such around here, thanks NYS)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'd never be able to drive a lowered car in Albany,NY....love the look of them, Dimitrios's included....too many difficult roads to maneuver here. ~juli

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is streetable but just need to be careful going up or down curb aprons and speed bumps. Taking them at an angle and really slow helps considerably.

i agree with nader. just gotta watch the bumps and take em on an angle slowly. sometimes on the expwy they come real fast and still take em at 40-50 mph. thats when I go flying out of my seat.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D, your car looks really good(wheels included)

As to the functionality of your suspension - take a look at the amount of travel you actually have between the shock body and the upper shock mount there probably is not much there....and I'll bet you're almost riding on the jounce bumpers built into the shock if you're not on them already....can't be good for serious driving...but I think you mentioned you were after the look more than anything else.

Anyway,as you said it's no big deal, there are many of us with factory take offs to sell you.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The other day I questioned why anyone would want to make a stock Viper even lower. I said that my stock suspension has my ground clearance at 3-5/8 inches at one point.

I took a pic of a measuring tape hanging down from the lower front fascia lip and mine is even lower than what I originally said. The lowest point on the fascia on my 99 RT/10 is 3-1/4 inches off the ground. It is a completely stock suspension. Apparently they raised them on the Gen III.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they didnt raise em. on the gen III there is no lip like that hangin from our the front bumper. on my old gen II i cut that lip off..

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if dimitrios cant blow them out, not sure they CAN be blown out.

D, the car looks great.