Pics of my Rear Mount Twin Turbo Build on my Viper

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, that is incredible. Can't wait to see a vid of it driving... Twin-turbo Viper--the Vettes are going to need solid rocket boosters.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tuning for driving under vacuum and 0 boost completed, car runs great even with no boost, stock engine pushing the turbos but not in boost, car made 463 RWHP on a mustang dyno with our Turbo exhaust. here is a quick vid of the car on the dyno and the sound the turbos make while just driving around with NO BOOST

click on pic to play video
You must be registered for see images attach

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, you gotta tell me that you weren't at least a little tempted to just slam that throttle to the floor and see what she could do! lol But I understand development and tuning... safety first :drive:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, you gotta tell me that you weren't at least a little tempted to just slam that throttle to the floor and see what she could do! lol But I understand development and tuning... safety first :drive:

Slammed her a few times on the highway, 40 mph to 100+ mph roll-ons in third gear, man things move fast with turbos!

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slammed her a few times on the highway, 40 mph to 100+ mph roll-ons in third gear, man things move fast with turbos!

You must be registered for see images attach

Yes you do.... lol One of these should come with every order!

Last edited:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great talking with you today Steve! It was fun listening to the excitement in your voice when talking about your new setup.

Matt162

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe I seen something I shouldnt have but that system sounds awesome on a pull!!:D

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its gotta sound awesome with the turbos spooling from the rear as the viper passes by

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, one thing you should do is get those BOV's away from the throttlebody. They are way too close.

I guess this is an oversight by the designer.......<------- not a dig.

Willis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pm'd Steve regarding the system but have not heard back from him yet....Hope to see some updates soon,, very exciting.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, one thing you should do is get those BOV's away from the throttlebody. They are way too close.

HEy Jerome,

Thanks for the input, we actually designed and installed a new plenum over the last few days and one of the things we did was to move the blow offs a little further downstream,

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those last two pictures make it look like it is syphoning power from the center of the earth.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HEy Jerome,

Thanks for the input, we actually designed and installed a new plenum over the last few days and one of the things we did was to move the blow offs a little further downstream,

I like the look of that...much better! How much boost do you think you will run?

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man thats starting to look insanely good now. Better and better everytime you post...

So post more dammit! J/k... Take your time. Will be worth the wait

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jerome, not sure why you would say the BOV's were too close to the throttle body....

The closer to the throttle body, the shorter the vacuum lines are from the intake vacuum reference point.

The shorter the vacuum lines, the faster the BOV's will open....

There are a couple of very good design principles underlying this idea:

1. Faster expulsion of the forced induction will minimize the load on the throttle body plates minimizing the chance for any damage/problems with the throttle body.

2. The faster the expulsion of the forced induction will also minimize the surging in the compressor cover.

What this means is that when the BOV's open relatively more slowly, there is more load on the throttle body butterflies and with the throttle body shut, the air is forced to go back out the turbo air inlet rapidly decelerating the turbo shaft that is spinning from between 40,000 and 100,000 RPM. Such a sharp deceleration from this speed to a dead stop will certainly damage the shaft of the turbocharger. This is an over exaggeration, of course for what will happen to a system without any BOV and no anti-surge compressor cover, but I am sure everybody here gets the idea...

As far as the first piece was concerned, I made that ahead of time and put the BOV's on the reducing cone and left the front open for the pipes since I had never seen the SRT in person op top and underneath to know exactly what was the best way to route the pipes.....

This is all a moot point anyway as we remade that piece for a more practical and simpler way to reproduce the system for resale....

If you have any other suggestions on how the system should be made, please feel free to call me @ 832-267-7865.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21