Pics of my Rear Mount Twin Turbo Build on my Viper

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is some additional info:

this system has been so thoroughly designed and built my Paolo and myself that I am sure everyone will be impressed with the features.

First off, Stage 1 is a a Single turbo kit, designed to a direct competitor to the Paxton.

Stage one Single includes
1 Oil less, water cooled Turbo.
Includes all piping from cat back position back
Includes Tune and injectors and fuel system upgrade to support the power
Water to air intercooler with either a thermal absorbing core or a 4 gallon water /ice tank

Benefits of Stage 1 is that it will
* Make more power than a paxton and will make non parasitic loss power
* Will not heat soak or overheat your car as your engine bay will have no additional heat added
* can be used with your stock headers or your after market headers, no cat back system required.
*#* THE SINGLE SYSTEM CAN EASILY BE UPGRADED TO A TWIN TURBO SYSTEM WITH NO LOSS OF YOUR INVESTMENT IN THE SINGLE SYSTEM

Expected RWHP 700-750 RWHP

pic of the single system

THE TWIN TURBO SYSTEM or Stage 2

2 Oil less, water cooled Turbo.
Includes all piping from cat back position back
Includes Tune and injectors and fuel system upgrade to support the power
2 Water to air intercooler with a 4-7 gallon water /ice tank

Benefits of Stage 2 is that it will
* Make WAY more power than a Paxton and will make non parasitic loss power
* Will not heat soak or overheat your car as your engine bay will have no additional heat added
* can be used with your stock headers or your after market headers, no cat back system required.
* Base TWIN System will have 800-850 RWHP on a stock engine tune
*#* THE TWIN SYSTEM CAN EASILY BE UPGRADED WITH ADDITION FUEL SYSTEM ENHANCEMENTS AND A BUILT ENGINE TO SUPPORT UP TO 1400 RWHP or more

Options for either system include Cat delete pipes, DIverter quick spool pipes with addition wastegates

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that is a cool custom build. From the pics, it looks like the full exhaust is being used to spool the turbos!! Surely there must be a down pipe somewhere. Is the exhaust routed to the sides with a down pipe going to the turbos? Where is the BOV? Are you keeping stock compression with the boost?

There are downpipes, you will see in some of the upcoming pics. Yes, the exhaust is routed to the sides with a pretty much direct shot into the turbos, we are supplying new side pipes with the kits to keep the integrity and to keep consistency in the builds and the output levels. The BOV/BOV's will be seen in some of the upcoming pics.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
other than aesthetics (an unused hole in the sill), why exhaust to the side (longer, more plumbing) instead of out the back :dunno:

won't the sound be somewhat muffled coming from the turbo(s) plus complexity, cost, loss of hp to push the exhaust out more pipe :eater:

bigdeep1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) I don't see how you could pipe the exhaust out the rear with the well positioned twin turbos and intercoolers, and 2) It would bring more heat by the turbos and intercoolers. I would guess that dumping out the side would be less piping as it is closer to the engine. Since turbos are spooled by syphoning exhaust pressure, the split from the mid-pipe area makes a lot of sense.

The sound of the turbos in the back will make the looser getting passed feel better. Did he really think he could beat a twin turbo Viper. I think not.

The tubes look smooth and OEM. Very nice work indeed Steve!

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, will this affect the emissions testing for us California cars? I've got a Gen 2 so I know there is still a wait on the build for my car. Thanks. Jeff

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are going to offer a special deal to our Gen 3 Customers (and Gen2/1 ) as well

Special pricing on an X METAL TRIPLE PLAY

X METAL Billet High Flow Throttle body - gives you better throttle response, mire Peak and mid range HP

X MEtal Billet SHifter - Patented precision made, positive shifting, you can't do without this!

X Metal Billet Valve Covers, - never be embarrassed to open your hood again!

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, will this affect the emissions testing for us California cars? I've got a Gen 2 so I know there is still a wait on the build for my car. Thanks. Jeff

Mutts,

Believe it or not,

Pelease sit down first, before you read this...

We have designed this system so that in a matter of minutes you can be off to the emissions shop to get smogged and PASS!

first off I would recommend that you get smogged first and get it over with (gets you 2 years no worries)

then with a quick disconnect of the rear turbo inlets and re-attaching your stock rear exhaust out on the GTS and then disconnecting the the front Turbo in tubes to your throttle bodies, a quick SCT reflash of your stock tune and (maybe) putting your stock injectors back you can be smog station ready in less than a day.

We are looking for Gen 2 cars to get systems made on/for, we have a built gen 2 that is throwing away their Paxton to go with our twin system, yours would be a great addition with a nice (almost stock) gen 2 for checking out our single and our twin on.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) I don't see how you could pipe the exhaust out the rear with the well positioned twin turbos and intercoolers, and 2) It would bring more heat by the turbos and intercoolers. I would guess that dumping out the side would be less piping as it is closer to the engine. Since turbos are spooled by syphoning exhaust pressure, the split from the mid-pipe area makes a lot of sense.

The sound of the turbos in the back will make the looser getting passed feel better. Did he really think he could beat a twin turbo Viper. I think not.....

thanks bigdeep1, i always like learning something

:drive:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not an engineer but when the car is at speed there will be a vacuum created behind the car. Won't this vacuum effect air intake given the location of the air filters? I would think that a dyno tune would not replicate this effect.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not an engineer but when the car is at speed there will be a vacuum created behind the car. Won't this vacuum effect air intake given the location of the air filters? I would think that a dyno tune would not replicate this effect.

Hi George,

there is quite a bit of turbulent air in the back, it will not affect the ability of the car to breathe. Most Lambos and Ferarris draw their intake air from the same approximate location, and the aftermarket Turbo ones of those are not gasping for air, even at 250 mph. If we need more air (which we won't) we can easily vent the rear wheel well arches etc. Force fed cars do not have to worry as much about air pressure differences caused by aero etc. in fact the boundary layer at the front and across the hood of the car has always been a breathing problem causing agent for all vipers, except the GEn1's and GEn 3's who never relied on the hood scoop for air.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi George,

there is quite a bit of turbulent air in the back, it will not affect the ability of the car to breathe. Most Lambos and Ferarris draw their intake air from the same approximate location, and the aftermarket Turbo ones of those are not gasping for air, even at 250 mph. If we need more air (which we won't) we can easily vent the rear wheel well arches etc. Force fed cars do not have to worry as much about air pressure differences caused by aero etc. in fact the boundary layer at the front and across the hood of the car has always been a breathing problem causing agent for all vipers, except the GEn1's and GEn 3's who never relied on the hood scoop for air.

Probably still makes sense to install wide bands to check A/F at speed. I would think that every car would have different turbulence profiles in the back.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably still makes sense to install wide bands to check A/F at speed. I would think that every car would have different turbulence profiles in the back.

GEorge,

Thanks for the comments, I will keep an eye on it when we do some high speed testing, all our tunes are being done on a load bearing dyno cell by cell to optimize AF ratios across the board, as I mentioned we are making a new rear aero at the required 7 degrees to FIX the stock 15 degree angle, which will keep the airflow from detaching like it does and will increase down force in and reduce the rear turbulence and help the upper and lower airflow re- attach better, but the turbulence is not a huge vaccuum that ***** the air out of your car, if it was you would never smell exhaust gases if you drove without the hatch rubber liner, but as we all know, what happens is the opposite, the air is actually held at the back of the car, hence why the GTS and the GEn 3/4's have those one way valves at the back to only allow air out vs in as well.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worked on the NOW adjustable rear aero, we will be able to set our aero angle on our rear splitter, we should be able to create some ground hugging downforce with this baby!

Locating our BOV's and doing some fine tuning,

PSiEK!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be interested in a GEN 1 kit, but does that mean I lose the sidepipes? (1994 Black 33,000milkes, 1994 Red 5,060miles)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of things...Steve is not getting any preferential treatment with this thread. As we have done for many vendors here, we've always allowed development, in-progress development of products to be openly discussed in the general forums. Once those products became available to market we moved those threads to the Supplier Section forum. Steve knows this and once this kit is available, this thread will be moved to the supplier section.

Any posts asking about vendor policies, jabs at vendors or others will be or were removed in this thread. I will continue to remove posts in this thread asking about policy. If you have policy questions, post them in the Posting Policies forum. Rather than turn thread this into a ******* match about vendor posting policy, keep the focus on the TT kit.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve;

Very interesting kit! So I have the full Bellanger set-up on my Viper (Headers, High Flow Cats, Cat Back with no cross over). Some questions:

1. Does your TT kit just bolt right up to my Bellanger set up without any mods to the Bellanger headers or cats or cat-back. Does it just pick it up right after the mufflers and carry it from there?

2. What kind of heat is back there with those remote Turbos, etc. Is it enough to warp the factory diffuser and rear bumper assembly or cause it to warp over time? Look like a saggy diaper?

3. Let's assume Stage 2 kit, when you talk about upgraded fuel system, what are you really referring to? Are you changing out the in tank fuel pump? Are you adding an inline fuel pump as well? Changing out fuel lines for Aero-Quip style new fuel lines? New Injectors? What size injectors? New Fuel Rails? Does it require a new fuel pressure regulator?

4. When we are talking about electronics, what are you really thinking? Is this just SCT Tunes or a more advanced piggy back computer chip that let's you change every single strapping table and configuration to really dial the car in for the set-up, location, ambient, etc. For us "Rockies" boys, we need the tuning attributes to really dial the cars in up here. My 408 Stroker S351R Saleen has a Moates chip in it and with all the fun forged stuff we did internally, as well as Snow Boost Methanol Injection, etc., etc. we just wrapped it up and Dyno tested the car two months ago (after 18 hours of dyno testing and tuning as EVERY table was changed for high altitude, sensors moved (like air intake temp from inside the fender to ported into the bottom of the intake, etc.)) anyway if is all what it should be, and at a 92 DEGF Ambient day, we ran 579 rwHP and 640 rwtorque with ZERO detonation or hesitation, etc. 18% drivetrain losses puts the crank at 685 hp and 750 torque. My point is it is all in the tuning? Can you really explain more how you are tying this tuning in and how it will meet emissions. We do not have CARB requirements in Colorado, but we do have very strict emissions. If I were to look at this set up, I don't want to have to do anything to pass emissions beyond dumping a leaner tune in and drive off to the station. It is important to me the car pass emissions on it's own without unhooking this or that. It also has to be tuned for our "no-air" state.

5. Only want to use the stock rear bumper and diffuser area so the car looks 100% stock. Are there any other issues with using the stock versus your new back end. I am sure you will put out a nice rear, but just not interested in that look?

6. Where does your 5-7 gallon water tank reside? Does it come with low coolant level sensors? Where does the remote water pump reside?

7. Now I am a big believer in Methanol Injection after my Saleen experience. I mean I am getting rubber in all 5 gears, which is crazy. Even though I know Turbos work off of heat, I would imagine there is a benefit to the motor internals to be cooled with Methanol which also cleans them up nice. Can a Methanol kit be added and are you considering something like this as an option? With all that pipe under the car up to the intake system, the Methanol injection can be right in the back (so the system can be very compact (with tank , pump and level sensors in the back, so those pipes are cooled with a clean dense charge up to the intakes up front? Reason I ask is I put Bellangers on to remove heat, yet this sytem adds heat to the tunnel (I would imagine) I don't want that. We want heat at the Turbos to spin them up there nice, but just aft the Turbos on those long pipes up to the intake, that can be cool and full of clean, very dense air under pressure.

Thanks for the info! When we talked before I had no idea you were looking at a remote TT kit like this. Of course my biggest question, is what mods are required to make this kit work, what holes are drilled where? Does it require cutting anything? I don't want ANY cutting! As I am banking on the Viper being worth something again in 40 years, (I am going to enjoy it all the time up to then however) I do not want to cut anything. Small drill holes are okay but I don't want to drill a huge hole anywhere on the car. Just need to fill in the rest of the info based upon what you wrote here.

I am still a screw blower guy, but this kit is intriguing. Hey, maybe you should slap a Whipple on top of this kit as well and figure out how to make that all work? (kidding as that is just a small Hot Wheels boy dream)

Rick

BTW I still have my 1969 Mach 1 of the past 25+ years. I just can not really bring myself to sell it, much to the disappointment of my wife. :drive:

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pics of how the intake is looking on this build, once we get a little closer (this will do for Dyno testing and day to day driving, but I have been discussing this intake piece with a few CNC shops I deal with to see if a nice billet piece can be made, but at the same time a main objective is to keep costs low to reasonable). This intake in teh pics is just takk'ed into place and not welded or cleaned up or polished yet

flow matched injectors are supposed to arrive today and our base Twin Tune with SCT uploader form our tuning expert also arriving today.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any thoughts of a drive shaft loop to protect piping.

Hi Ian,

We can definitely address a drive shaft loop for the people running over 1K Hp, the stock drive shaft is very beefy and will be fine for these stock motor applications. The half shafts should be addressed at some point once people get to a certain horsepower lever first, before the drive shaft.

thanks

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of things...Steve is not getting any preferential treatment with this thread. As we have done for many vendors here, we've always allowed development, in-progress development of products to be openly discussed in the general forums. Once those products became available to market we moved those threads to the Supplier Section forum. Steve knows this and once this kit is available, this thread will be moved to the supplier section.

Any posts asking about vendor policies, jabs at vendors or others will be or were removed in this thread. I will continue to remove posts in this thread asking about policy. If you have policy questions, post them in the Posting Policies forum. Rather than turn thread this into a ******* match about vendor posting policy, keep the focus on the TT kit.

Tony,

Thanks for doing your best to keep this alive and here so that the members that are looking for new and innovative products can see what can be done. I don't think a lot of members realize that there are NO MORE companies developing new products for their cars, and that is one thing I am always trying to do. I am not a drop shipper or a repackager so threads like this help me get vital feedback for my products that i develop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21