Pictures of my Black 99 RT/10

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since everyone has been posting images of their cars since spring has fallen upon us, I thought I would do the same. The first image is before I added the chrome emblems and you can see the rusty bolts on the bottom of the rear bumper. I thought it looked aweful, so I cleaned the bolts and then spray painted them flat black...it makes a huge difference. If anyone had the same problem, it took a while to clean the bolts but I think it looks a lot better. The pictures were taken after I used Meguairs 3 step wax process. I also use Adam's detail spray after drives and washes. You can see higher resolution images in my photo bin.

back_old.jpg

back_new.jpg

side_new.jpg

back2_new.jpg

left_side_new.jpg

right_side_new.jpg

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY nice pictures..love the chrome on the letting "Viper RT/10", we also have black, and the lettering of black on black was too hard to see...partial to black Vipers--you did a wonderful job shining that up!! (OHHHH, I see you '''''maybe''''' have sprayed YOUR license plate too????? [Can't be picked up on pictures/highway CAMERAS/etc.!!] :cop: :smirk:
Great job, thanx for sharing! ~juli~

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nothing like a clean black Viper, that looks awesome! I love the way the chrome stands out against the black, I bought replacement (carbon fiber) emblems also but I can't decide if I want to add them because the car looks so clean without them and some people walk around the car trying to figure out what it is without badges.
Nice job!!:bling:

OP
OP
P

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Meguairs three step waxing process. Step 1 is a paint cleaner, step 2 is a polish, and then step 3 is the carnnuba wax. I only wax it once a year because it does take about 5 hrs or so from wash to finished waxing. In between waxes, I wash the car on a regular basis and after each wash use Adam's detail spray on everything. I use it to clean the windows, on the interior (non-leather surfaces), etc. The stuff is awesome and you can use it on pratically any surface.

Knight Viper,
Once I removed my emblems, I thought the car looked good that way as well. I do like the contrast that the chrome offers on black cars. I would think carbon fiber or black emblems would look good on a yellow viper. Removing the old glue was a little hard. My neighbor is a mechanic and he had this stuff that was in a black spray can and said to use it to remove the old glue. I forget the name of the stuff, but it worked great! After using it, I just washed the area to make sure the stuff did not harm the paint.

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great! I have wondered what the Rear chrome emblems would look like on the black. It looks like it should have come that way.

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey

Any problems removing the rear bumper bolts and reinstalling them. Did you remove them one at a time or all at once and reinstall them.

V

Venomiss

Your pictures will look really good as an avatar!

Membership has a few perks :)

Great job on the emblems. They give it that extra special touch.
Well done!

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful RT/10 :cool: :2tu: Then again, I am very biased. :D My eventual second Viper will NOT be black because of the insane amount of maintenence and my current OCD is already too overwhelming.

OP
OP
P

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
monnieh,
No problems removing the rear bolts. I did remove them all at once which I thought would not pose much of a problem when reinstalling them, man was I wrong. After I had them painted, it did take more effort to reinstall them. It seemed like the rear bumper moved after I took all the bolts out, but eventually I got it all worked out.

VENOMAHOLIC,
I agree that black does show everything, but it looks the best on a viper. There is just no comparison when clean and shinny! I have some OCD going on with my car as well, everytime I see a bug splat on the front, I am getting the detail spray in about 2 seconds.

And to all,
Thanks for the compliments! Next on my list is to change all the liquids in the car because I do not think they have been done yet except for of coarse the oil. I need to change the brake fluid, steering fluid, transmission fluid, ......anyone know of anything else that might need a good flush?

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pocketAA---Agreed here that the black Viper is the best-SHINIEST-looking one out there (to each their own opinion, right?!! ;) ). The chrome emblems just set off the black so well, we were sorry it took us too long to get them on our black vert. YEP, OCD here as well, that detail spray goes everywhere as well as clean microfiber cloths!! Price you pay for having a gorgeous beast! :smirk: Your car looks amazing! ~juli~

OP
OP
P

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, microfiber towels are everywhere. I got a bunch from Adam's...very good material and are the best for applying detail spray, wax, drying car, etc.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your pics makes me anxious to try out my PC I received for Christmas. The PC is still in the box and I've been reading every link I can find on Porter Cable detailing techniques.

I also bought a large supply of Zaino products - I'll call it the Zaino 100 step method - and am studying which one does what.

I'll post some pics of my own after I'm finished. Your car is a mirror image of mine, right down to the chrome lettering. I hope mine turns out just as nice.

OP
OP
P

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RoadiJeff,
I am sure it will. I know how everyone loves Zaino products on here, but it just seems too confusing on all the steps needed to take to wax a car. I have heard nightmares from people trying to clay bar a car...never did that and I do not think I ever will. I waxed mine by hand using the tried and true "wax-on wax-off" method made famous in Karate Kid. Came out really well. I have noticed that I have a few scratches behind the front wheels on the side sill where the large vent opening is. Any one else have anything similar? Is it from debris getting shot out of the opening? Not sure how else the scratches would have appeared. I did get Mcguaires scratch X to remove scratches. Tried it on my truck and it worked great. I tried it on the viper and it did not seem to do anything.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala