Pioneer AVIC navigation system installed.

ByDesign

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, first let me say that I wanted an RB-1, but nobody had it in stock, and I'm impatient!

Now that that disclaimer is out of the way, here is the Pioneer AVIC-Z2. I know double din systems are not _supposed_ to fit in Vipers, but the guys at AMS car stereo, here in Santa Clara CA, did a custom dash piece for me so that there were no seams, bleeds or hint of the stock oval opening. (The goal was to look factory.)

This system does too much to post, but here are the highlights:
Hard disk based navigation, DVD Audio and Video, full iPod integration, 3D maps and my favorite, backup camera which you can activate when driving. (This is very handy when your top is up as you have much less of a blind spot as the camera is wide angle.)

Pioneer AVIC Z2 info:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069681_423070352,00.html

AMS Car Stereo Contact info:
Map: http://maps.citysearch.com/map/view/1082779
Phone: 408-248-1111

Attachments

• ByDesign_AVIC-Z2_1.JPG
    ByDesign_AVIC-Z2_1.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 423
  • ByDesign_AVIC-Z2_2.JPG
    ByDesign_AVIC-Z2_2.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 391
  • ByDesign_AVIC-Z2_3.JPG
    ByDesign_AVIC-Z2_3.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 226

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Z2 is simply the best headunit out there, awesome install. What AMP and speakers did you go with?

OP
OP
B

ByDesign

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm still looking for an amp and speakers, I wanted the head unit first, then the rest.

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know double din systems are not _supposed_ to fit in Vipers, but the guys at AMS car stereo, here in Santa Clara CA, did a custom dash piece for me so that there were no seams, bleeds or hint of the stock oval opening. (The goal was to look factory.)

You succeeded! The HU looks AWESOME!

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great...

After getting stuck in really bad LA traffic for a couple of hours last week, the XM Traffic module would be great.

Any chance you have tried
Voice Recognition yet?

V

Venomiss

This looks really nice! I like the size and the extras that come with. Nice for long trips.
Thank you for posting the pictures!

OP
OP
B

ByDesign

Viper Owner
Reaction score
is that the factory bezel that was cut or did they manufacture one for you ?
They took the factory one, and recreated it so that there was no "kit" involved, and they had a stronger material to cut the *** in. (They also painted it flat black, so it looks a bit nicer to me in the car.)

OP
OP
B

ByDesign

Viper Owner
Reaction score
is that the factory bezel that was cut or did they manufacture one for you ?
They created a custom panel for me so that I didn’t have a “kit” look, and no outlines. They also painted it flat black so that it blends very well into the current interior.

ILTTG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is quite nice. By the way, where did they install your camera? And how did you make it show the viper logo?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

ByDesign

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is quite nice. By the way, where did they install your camera? And how did you make it show the viper logo?

The camera is right above my license plate, I'll take a picture and post later this week. The Viper logo was easy, the system has a "wallpaper" option, so you can have any image you want.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery