pix of my VR-1 wheels & SRT-10 brakes

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as you can see in addition to lowering my viper, etc. i have dave cawthornes (aka racecars) BIG brake kit. i had the SRT-10 calipers in the front powder coated black to match the old stock front gen 2 calipers which i moved to the rear. i am runnin stock rotors front and rear and have steel braided brake lines like the comp coupe has. i run the new ebc yellow track compound pads in the front and the old ebc red street/track pads in the rear. also you can see that i am runnin daves E-brake in the rear which is way trick.

as far as my wheels are concerned i bought those used from a VCA member who owns a SRT-10. thus the reason my VR-1 wheel logos have the gen 3 style viper logo on them. i think the new viper logo looks cool especially on a gen 2 viper that has gen 3 brakes. anyway, you can see BIGGER versions of these pix with much better detail by clicking on the links i have provided here

ENLARGED pic 1

ENLARGED pic 2

ENLARGED pic 3

27766-9-2006-19-med.jpg

27766-9-2006-08-med.jpg

27766-9-2006-11-med.jpg

OP
OP
F

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanx plumcrazy - i figured if i was gonna race i might as well represent. the viper is a bad ass car and i luv to show it off.......

people once said to me at the race track one time "why don't you ever enter any of your cars in a shown-n-shine? we think you would win best in show" lol, you know what i said to them............. i said 'you can see my car goin down the racetrack'. LMAO, you know what they said to me??
they said "no we can't your goin to fast" :D

96 B&W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fred,

I have read in many post that 19" VR1's and PS rub when the car is lowered with Eibachs. Have you had any problems???

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great ! Did you change wheels just for a change in look, or was there another reason, such as significant weight reduction? I wouldn't want to change from my BBS wheels, but those would be a great choice for replacing the standard Gen II wheels, IMHO.

OP
OP
F

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great ! Did you change wheels just for a change in look, or was there another reason, such as significant weight reduction? I wouldn't want to change from my BBS wheels, but those would be a great choice for replacing the standard Gen II wheels, IMHO.

AZTVR - i still use my stock BBS-ACR wheels on the street. i needed an extra set of wheels for the track. so i picked the forgeline VR-1 wheels because they are the lightest aftermarket wheel and they come in a size that is good for road racing. the fronts are 18X11's and the rears are 18X13's. the offset of these wheels provides for a wider wheelbase. these wheels are just slightly heavier than the stock BBS-ACR wheels but the wider width in the front makes it worth it because as you can see you can run a 315 mm wide tire up front which provides for a quicker turn in and helps to to take some of the push out of the car. i will be racin at the bonneville 100 (www.openroadracing.com) next month in nevada and so these stock michellin pilot sport tires that i currently have on them are less than 4 years old which passes tech so i am gonna run them. when i start road racing at short tracks this winter like phoenix international raceway & firebird raceway i will be shoeing these wheels with some hoosier slicks. :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad