Plastic charging pin cover?

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

Was under the hood and broke the red plastic positive charging pin cover. Where would I find one? Have been searching but no luck yet. Thanks in advance.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Scharf...they are the sponsor of this page...great folks, great service, and they usually have everything !! 1-800-338-4002

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can try sending an email to Viper Parts of America to see if they can get the part individually...if not, contacting one of the Viper salvage outfits will be your best bet (I've had great luck with X2 Builders).

OP
OP

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Looked through VPA and didnt see anything but an email would make certain. If nothing there Ill try X2 builders and Scharf.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Looked through VPA and didnt see anything but an email would make certain. If nothing there Ill try X2 builders and Scharf.

VPA has done a really good job of communicating through email with me...I've regularly gotten replies back well into the evening when looking for parts. If they can't help, they'll give you a good lead on who can. Great guys in my book!

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

Was under the hood and broke the red plastic positive charging pin cover. Where would I find one? Have been searching but no luck yet. Thanks in advance.
If you cannot find it from Chrysler, my advice would be to get one from from GM for Corvette (C6 Z06 or ZR1 models). These cars have the battery mounted in the rear and if my memory does not fail me, the one my Z06 had looked pretty close. I bet you could make it work.

OP
OP

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VPA has done a really good job of communicating through email with me...I've regularly gotten replies back well into the evening when looking for parts. If they can't help, they'll give you a good lead on who can. Great guys in my book!

Email sent. Thanks again Steve.

OP
OP

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you cannot find it from Chrysler, my advice would be to get one from from GM for Corvette (C6 Z06 or ZR1 models). These cars have the battery mounted in the rear and if my memory does not fail me, the one my Z06 had looked pretty close. I bet you could make it work.

Thanks PeterMJ, ill wait to hear from VPA and if they cant help, I give them a shot as well.

Reaction score
Pretty sure we have one or two of the entire assemblies in stock and should be able to either figure out a part number for the cover or use one to help you out. You are referring to the red cap that pinches and holds to the positive battery block post under the hood, correct?

OP
OP

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure we have one or two of the entire assemblies in stock and should be able to either figure out a part number for the cover or use one to help you out. You are referring to the red cap that pinches and holds to the positive battery block post under the hood, correct?

Yes! Thats great!! Thanks so much!

redrichard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My local dealer lost my positive pin cover, and they could not find a part # . So I cut a spark plug boot to fit !

OP
OP

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

After an extensive effort that went above and beyond, VIPER PARTS OF AMERICA found my part. Chris thanks so much, and you have a new dedicated customer. Great job and I recommend you all call VPA for your viper needs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang