Please give me some ideas or opinions

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm either thinking about dyeing the carpet on the bottom of the doors black or just replacing them with something nicer, whether it's carpet or vinyl or leather. Give me some ideas or your opinion as to what you think would look better. Do you think they would look better black or just leave the same color (just change out that crappy carpet), I even thought about doing the console black & maybe the steering wheel, but I do not want an all black interior, seats, etc... Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC00447.JPG
    DSC00447.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 149
OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both of you guys are thinking exactly what I was Hoping (I thought that too) that doing just the doors would be enough to off set the peanut butter interior (thats what someone had said to me when they saw it)! I definitely didn't want all black but I really didn't like this color either, but I think if you blend them together just rite it looks pretty good! jmo

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Try a local Upholstery shop in the Ruston / Shreveport area. They may be willing to go it cheap. Not a big job. Good Luck.

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
carpet ***** @ss and makes the car look old, I wanna change mine too, my opinion is if you want it to look symmetrical follow the flow of your knee bolsters and match colors including the center console, that way the lower half of your interior will match, but black will also look nice.

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey btw way anyone know what's under the carpet if one was to take off??

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try a local Upholstery shop in the Ruston / Shreveport area. They may be willing to go it cheap. Not a big job. Good Luck.
Thanks LaViper, my body shop & upholstery guy is here in west monroe & he does ALL my vehicles. I asked him what he thought & he thinks I should keep it original, I guess just in case I decide to sell it in the near future, but I don't think so! I just can't decide whether I should put the carpet back on or leather or vinyl. I guess that was my main question because I've pretty much decided to go with the black!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like your interior, with the exception of the steering wheel color.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you thinking black for the trans tunnel too? Might try photoshopping that, it might look great - bring out the tan as an accent more than a primary color for the interior.

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you thinking black for the trans tunnel too? Might try photoshopping that, it might look great - bring out the tan as an accent more than a primary color for the interior.
I'm definitely changing the bottom of the doors, the rest is still up in the air. I don't really like the color on the steering wheel either, to me it just sticks out (not literally) I just wonder if a black steering wheel would look out of place. I thought about the console but I just don't know, that's why I was looking for some ideas. As for as the photoshoping, that's something I've yet to try (will have to learn how to).

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love that color interior Gerry but I think it would look better with the bottom of the doors in black leather and black carpeting. The rest I would leave alone but that is me.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks LaViper, my body shop & upholstery guy is here in west monroe & he does ALL my vehicles. I asked him what he thought & he thinks I should keep it original, I guess just in case I decide to sell it in the near future, but I don't think so! I just can't decide whether I should put the carpet back on or leather or vinyl. I guess that was my main question because I've pretty much decided to go with the black!

I'm a big believer in doing "What makes YOU Happy", It's YOUR car, don't worry what anyone else thinks. :nono: An old friend of mine, whose built cars for 50 yrs, said "We don't customize cars, We PERSONALIZE them" You'll be much happier.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love that color interior Gerry but I think it would look better with the bottom of the doors in black leather and black carpeting. The rest I would leave alone but that is me.
Thats probably what I'll end of doing (I don't mind the orginal color, just needs a lil' black to it & maybe a black steering wheel) LaViper, you're right & that will be my Final Call, I was just asking for a few ideas!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The nice thing about the steering wheel is that you could just get another one out of another Viper, keep your stock wheel for the future. Your right, the steering wheel just jumps out, not in a good way, imho.

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The nice thing about the steering wheel is that you could just get another one out of another Viper, keep your stock wheel for the future. Your right, the steering wheel just jumps out, not in a good way, imho.
Thanks Cam! I'll probably do that & a few other subtle things (like bottom of doors)! I'll post pics when I do them.