please make this drivers side floor mat stop moving ! ! !

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i cant get the dang thing to stop moving for two minutes. it almost went out the window last nite while i was driving it pissed me off so much.

it has all those nubs on the bottom that would seem to hold it in place but its not. keeps sliding forward and crumbling up under the brake pedal.

i thought i saw somewhere a guy did something to make it stop, but i cant find anything in the searches i do here for it.

anyone ? or do i chuck these out at high speed on the highway ?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil, Phil, Phil. You know who to the rescue! :D . Actually the fix comes from JD, but make two small pin holes(big enough for a plastic tie) and loop the tie through the hole in the mat(usually just in front of the stitched edge about a 1/8") and secure it to the frame of your seat. :2tu:

Reaction score
Phil.....put a metal grommet in there. OK..it isn't a grommet....but I can't think of the friggin word. A metal eyelet. I put one at the rear inside corner and sune a black zip tie to the seat mount. I'll try to take a picture....small cut in the mat and the eyelet usually comes in a kit.

WHAT THE heck is the right word?!?!?!?! :)

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, I took mine out almost immediately and never put it back in.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like mikes idea so far. but only cause i got no idea what tony is saying...lol

if ya get time to snap a pic, i might be able to figure it out.

thanx guys

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not near my car for verification on this Phil but can't you loosen the 2 front seat nuts, slide the mat under them slightly and then tighten them back up?

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had this problem a month ago. The floor mat got stuck on the gas pedal. It was pretty scary. I velcroed the floormat down. Problem solved.. cheers

Reaction score
Here you go....had to cut the zip tie and stop watching the boob-tube!!! :)

2mat-med.jpg

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it almost went out the window last nite while i was driving it pissed me off so much.

There's your answer. But if it means so much to you keep it and hang it on a wall with other Viper memorabilia.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, that grommet idea might just work.

chuck, if this doesnt work, its going right up on the wall if it makes it home.. :)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I felt your pain. I had these custom made for me by a local auto accessory shop called " the drivers seat"
I had them put 3 of the carpet screw snaps on the bottom and 2 more behind the pedals. The 3 lower ones worked so well I never needed to use the 2 uppers. I’m having them make a set for my SRT/10 as well.

4030DSC02501-med.JPG

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have really big feet or something? Because I have about 9.5's and have never had any problem with the mat moving.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got a size 13 foot.

i never heard of a carpet screw. I gotta look into that.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum, I'm assuming you don't want to invest in aftermarket mats? The expensive replacements don't move at all.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just have these mats and theyre in really good shape. if i cant get them to stop moving, im gonna have to call ya.

cycloneGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone suggested this once: unscrew the trunk latch along the floor adjacent to the door. Tuck the mat under the plastic latch and re-screw. This seemed to work for me...haven't had that problem in years.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 1994 530i BMW, that had a clip that would snap on to the edge of the mats and had angled pins that would then stab into the carpet. Not sure were they came from but I would think they still exist some were on the web.

Before I bought the new mats for my GTS, I almost had a rhythm going with the floor mats. Every 10-20 minutes I would just automatically reach down and pull the mat back. It was a joke how fast it would slide up.

Here is were I get my mats from: http://Autogeek.net/ They changed the name of their web site. I just ordered a set for the SRT/10 today. Black mat with black fangs:)

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Grey GTS (sold)

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jk, thats the best looking thing so far to fix this if ya ask me. and its black, it'll disappear so i wont see it.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, it looks like a clean solution and not too expensive. I have the same problem with my drivers floor mat and am considering ordering a pair myself.

S-JC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also had the sliding mat problem and came up with a simple solution that is basically invisible. I drilled a small hole in the floor a couple of inches in front of the seat. I put a black screw in it and then punched a hole in the mat so the hole goes over the screw. The screw head sticks up just enough so that it secures the mat. Problem solved in six minutes, invisible, zero cost. Also simple to remove mat for cleaning, etc.--no tie wrap or anything to cut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi