Please, stop bashing the gen v

Ev1E9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amusing people complain about the QA issues of the Gen V, but go gander at the C7 forums and seemingly many problems are rearing their ugly heads. Hope they can get them sorted, ***** for new buyers to have 100 miles on the car and their rear diff seize up.

Yeah! I just read a thread in which a poor guy who's having issues with his C7 is getting crucified by the other Corvette Forum members. He's been called a troll even after providing a VIN# and pictures. Some of their members are absolutely delusional.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
because you are comparing a 4 seater to a 2 seater. apples and oranges. Like I said, picture yourself seriously going to buy a corvette. Your are going to cross-ship a mustang/Camaro/etc? really? just don't get it other than it really meant you were not really interested in a 2 seater...
\

people don't cross-shop GTRs with 2-seat cars? And what about the person who wants a fast car, has a family, and wants to haul more than 1 of them around at a time? just look at the comment below yours for evidence...

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRTViper always starts off with I love the viper before following up with an ignorant unfounded comment. The Ohio vca has a list of cars available from our sponsors, the average cost is south of 115k. A SRT with track-pack costs approx 101k, that should be the basis for cost comparisons.

Don't know where you are looking but only a handful have a sticker in this price range. My GTS was bought for 125k and there is not a car on the planet that can touch it in 1. performance, 2. looks/head turns and 3. exclusiveness!! Yes, there may be a car faster in a STRAIGHT line, yes an Aventador MIGHT get more looks and yes a Bugatti might be more exclusive but name a car that has all 3 for 125k....NOT EVEN CLOSE!!

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love how many people who haven't driven the production Geb V still hate it. Or think XZY should be changed.

If you think the SRT is "priced too high" - I question if you have actually researched the market segment the car is in. $100k is pretty decent, IMHO. You haven't looked at what Porsches are going for now a day, obviously.

I think SRT suffers from a complete failure of marketing, nothing else.

Last edited:

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you buy an E63.
\

people don't cross-shop GTRs with 2-seat cars? And what about the person who wants a fast car, has a family, and wants to haul more than 1 of them around at a time? just look at the comment below yours for evidence...

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\

Aren't you proving my point? If you want a fast car, have a family and want to haul more than 1 around at a time, you are NOT in the market for a 2 seater, right? You were kidding yourself into thinking your were cross shopping, but you really weren't. That was my only point.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I agree with you but more on a selfish personal front of wanting the viper to remain unique. Unfortunately, my reason has nothing to do what is right for the business.

I think odd to suggest a Challenger or even Cuda to compete with a Corvette? Those are mustang/Camaro compete cars. If I am seriously looking at purchasing a new corvette, would I ever really look at a challenger/cuda? Now way. Would you?

I'm pretty much in agreement that I'd like to keep the Viper more unique because it's just more fun to not see one every day, but like you said, profits are profits it's SRT's call if they want to make 100 or 10000 a year if they can sell them. And I also agree that the Challenger and Vette aren't really in the same market as I went through the shopping phase myself. I've pretty much grown up on 2 seat sports cars, so when I drove the Challenger it just seemed really big on the inside and wasn't really to my taste. I love the looks of them, but something just seemed weird driving one.

However, I think they could possibly make a Cuda that would be able to compete if it's not just a Challenger clone but something actually aimed at the Vette. For instance, I had a 00 Jag XKR that was "technically" a 4 seater (if you didn't have legs you could sit in the back), but really more akin to a regular sports car like a Vette. If the Cuda was something more along these lines I think it might have a shot, but then again Dodge has always been in the "muscle" market, so they might put off some of the traditionalists and shoot themselves in the foot if it's not "retro" enough. My dad has liked the Chargers to some degree since they came out, but refuses to buy one because he said a Charger is a 2 door, making it a 4 door ruined it for him. Maybe try to bring back the T/A Cudas and build something designed to really carve corners like a trans am car as opposed to just big power and heavy weight.

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may be able to suppress the comments....much harder to change opinions. I am on the fence about the Gen V. Seeing one in person would I hope remove the fence. Been driving over 40 years and never met a car that was perfect, so not looking for perfection. Had a Gen II, now a Gen III coupe, and starting to itch for a Gen IV (maybe 2010). Not likely to buy a Gen V (you never know though), but as a viper enthusiast, still very much hoping that the V is as good or better than its predecessor.

VtotheJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know who in the right mind would bash the Gen V... I want a Viper so bad, obviously my fav is the Gen V, I may end up saving for a used one and get one when it's affordable...

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may be able to suppress the comments....much harder to change opinions. I am on the fence about the Gen V. Seeing one in person would I hope remove the fence. Been driving over 40 years and never met a car that was perfect, so not looking for perfection. Had a Gen II, now a Gen III coupe, and starting to itch for a Gen IV (maybe 2010). Not likely to buy a Gen V (you never know though), but as a viper enthusiast, still very much hoping that the V is as good or better than its predecessor.

Pathoguy, you have to READ the Viper book (available on Amazon)...you will be enlightened and thoroughly impressed, and imo it is definately better 'in the flesh' than my previous 09 Viper.

The vast majority of the negativity including poor sales is due to the total absence of Chrysler/SRT Marketing 101 to promote/advertise Gen V. Wouldn't be surpised if it is case study in college marketing courses this year...what an enormous fail. I'm sure many people here, using only common sense, can recite chapter and verse of this fail, starting with the Chrysler Superbowl commercial all the way to the Car and Driver fall apart test car catastrophe. Anyway, at this point I'm a happy camper...got my Gen V!!!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well one good or several reasons to bash at least in Motor Trends latest drivers car competition I just read today. They were handed by SRT a real lemon with "mis matched tires, loose bolts on drivers seat, safety issue they say and I agree. A hood scoop that flew off, a bad shifter I believe, burnt paint from the exhaust, and said its a hand full to drive on the track". It scored very low and as usual the Porsche got the number one pick.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well one good or several reasons to bash at least in Motor Trends latest drivers car competition I just read today. They were handed by SRT a real lemon with "mis matched tires, loose bolts on drivers seat, safety issue they say and I agree. A hood scoop that flew off, a bad shifter I believe, burnt paint from the exhaust, and said its a hand full to drive on the track". It scored very low and as usual the Porsche got the number one pick.
I guess you can give it to SRT for being the opposite of Ferrari that Chris Harris famously noted, sending cars tuned specifically for the event they are doing.

mikesax

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This car is PHENOMENAL-PERIOD!!!! Marketing fail-ABSOLUTELY! SRT needed to capitalize on the rerelease buzz-positive magazine write ups initially were followed up with launch delays and negative and/or mediocre reviews. The car needs to be seen for what it is:the only hand built sports car made in America with the fit and finish that is equal to the best European exotics! EXHILARATING-HEART STOPPING-QUALITY ABOUNDING-RACE CAR PERFORMANCE-the American Ferrari: that is our car!!! I have not one complaint about my GTS-I WILL get a 2nd-but I am HOOKED!! How to get others hooked is a different story! It needs to be seen as an equal or better choice than a Porsche/BMW/European sports car etc...! Put it along side the competition and it WILL get noticed!! Out here in Jersey you have new/high end autos roped off or not in Mall displays, hundreds of thousands people will be able to see it! BTW-8000 trouble free incredible miles since June in my GTS and I have not seen one 2013 Viper on the road here!!
DISPLAY IT!! Next- POSITIVE magazine write ups-that's how I bought my first in 2010-nothing beats the press being WOWED and letting their readers know its a MUST HAVE!! It is never too late-get MT and others into the TA or some other Viper and BLOW THEM AWAY with our cars BRASH AND BALLSY ATTITUDE!! Its been 3 years and a lot of new and exciting autos have been introduced into the market since the Viper was last built-we do not have the Corvette following or the European mystique going for us-what we have is the BEST and MOST EXHILARATING car on the road for the money-SRT needs to hit on all 10 cylinders in order to get the buying public to want to buy the Viper-POSITIVE and COMPLETE committal to our cars image is essential! Their are other avenues with distribution that could be addressed- but for now it just needs to be seen and heard (in person and in the press)-the car will sell itself if given the chance!! I LOVE MY VIPER!! PERIOD!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala