PLEASE TELL ME THE DIFFERANCE IN THE 92-95 DASH & 96 DASH?

onebadviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PLEASE TELL ME THE DIFFERANCE IN THE 92-95 DASH BLACK & 96 BLACK DASH?

I have a 94' RT/10 with the quartz dash and would like to replace it with the black one. What is the differance between the 92-95 & 96 black dash? I do not want one that is made with the same felt stuff like my 94 quartz one. Is the 92-95 black just a flat vlack like the very top? does it have that felt texture like the 92-95 quarts? any and all help will be greatly appriciated. The part numbers for the black dash, console and r & l door pcs would be helpful.

Thanks,
Warren :usa:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced my 94 R/T gray dash with a black one from JonB. It's flat black but not soft. I think the whole dash, radio surround and the door handle pieces came to about $400 or so. It might have been a little more, can't remember.
I sold all the old parts on ebay for about $100 I think.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the same change 4 or 5 years ago to a '95. The black just looks much better. Especially with Venzano seats, etc. The color and texture are the only differences. The surface is flat, or dull, and not soft like the gray dash.

I still have all the original pieces (as with any other upgrade I have made). Why? I dunno. Chances of returning it to standard are near zero. At some point in the future all the standard pieces may be worth something. Things like seats that were only used for one year.

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
According to the parts manual I have the dash on the 93 to95 was avaliable in black (part# PE85RX4) cost $285.00. Quartz (Part# PE85RD5) cost $305.00. The parts manual I have must have a misprint because it lists the glove box door in Quartz (Part# HS93MD5) for $16.75 and in black (Part#PE85RX4) for $285.00. That has to be a misprint. Hope this helps.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I purchased the black dash the glove box door was a part of the assembly. You needed to buy the dash and the wings (on the doors). Seems like I got the center section too but can't remember why.

OP
OP
O

onebadviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the center section you are speaking about, the console? I will need to buy it as well as the R & L door trim pieces.

Does anyone have the 92-95 black part numbers for all four parts needed?

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warren,
There's a problem with your email. I can't send you the pictures of the dash that you wanted. I tried "reply" and it didn't work.
Do you have it set to reject files over a certain size?

OP
OP
O

onebadviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe:

Nothing wrong with my email. Please resend to [email protected].

Thanks,
Warren

Warren,
There's a problem with your email. I can't send you the pictures of the dash that you wanted. I tried "reply" and it didn't work.
Do you have it set to reject files over a certain size?

Robert1994

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get hold of Chuck Tator. He has the complete kits already
boxed up and ready to ship. He had mine to me right away.
What a difference ! :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte