Polk DB650 Speaker Install question?

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I did a search and found WANTED's post on this install. I went to Circuit City to buy the DB650's and they no longer sell them, the replacement was DB651's. Only real difference is that the tweeter swivils. They did have 1 last set of DB650's for like $70, but I figured I'd grab the new ones.

Anyway, I went to install them in the car and I realized that they have 4 screw holes instead of the 3 the viper has. Do I need to just drill a hole in the speaker? Was this the same as the DB650's?

Thanks!
Jason

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't buy the 2-way speakers. I did, and they sounded too peaky. I went back and bought the component system (with the seperate tweeters) -- then discard the Polk tweeters, and just use the 6.5s -- more compatable with the overall component factory system -- and a better sound result.

OP
OP
W

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you have to drill holes on the outside of the speakers to fit the three speaker holes on the viper?

Thanks!
Jason

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wicked, there was no drilling necessary on the 650's. The logo on the speaker isn't level, but once the grill is installed no one will be the wiser.