Poll: Daily Driver yes or no...

Is (one of) your Viper(s) a daily driver?

• I have an RT/10 daily driver

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I have a GTS daily driver

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • I do not drive (any of) my RT/10(s) daily

Votes: 56 32.2%
  • I do not drive (any of) my GTS(s) daily

Votes: 85 48.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I waxed my GTS this weekend, just for the second time in 3 years of ownership.

DD'ism at it's finest Tom!

I want a recount.

uhhhh YEH I would agree with that! a daily driver would need to be waxed a LOTTA more times than that in 2 yrs, ESPECIALLY a red car in hot Texas sun:lmao:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I waxed my GTS this weekend, just for the second time in 3 years of ownership.

uhhhh YEH I would agree with that! a daily driver would need to be waxed a LOTTA more times than that in 2 yrs, ESPECIALLY a red car in hot Texas sun:lmao:

:eater:

Too busy driving to wax it! :rolaugh:

Combine that with all of the stupid poser mods I do (BOTTLEFED's terminology), who does have time??? :dunno:

real posers follow the directions on the label

You must be registered for see images

so according to leslie's calender, bottlefed is right and according to dave's calender tom owes dave dd wings

:crazy2: way too much algebra going on here :confused:

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, the parole board... er... committee is still contemplating your application. We were reviewing the rules and found:

tire burn out = DD
skip shift burn out = not DD

wax car twice = DD
wax legs once = not DD

ownership = 2 years (as stated by highly respected forum moderator)
ownership = 3 years (as stated by.... Dave.)

May have to have another poll unless we receive some more evidence. Do you have a picture of your car within 500 yards of a racetrack?

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
poser.:lmao:

your wheel wells and undercarriage are waayy too clean to be a daily driver.

you changed out your hood vents to red? looks like an older pic you have stock wheels on your car.

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um. No splitter either. What's with the white spot on the front fender? This isn't an old photo before you really went to the white side, is it? The probation committee will have to hear about this.

Got any rubber bits in the wheel wells? Can we see a picture of the undercarriage, too?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've forwarded those questions to my attorney Tom. I'm sure he'll be having his people contact your people's people and then we can get the plating done of my new wings lapel pin.

I have to admit, it is refreshing to sit back on the porch with my feet up and a tall frosty Lone Star in hand, knowing that I've achieved a status amongst my peers that would be the envy of virtually every Honda driver in my redneck little town. Yup, Viper DD wings from the Supreme Leader of the Viper Nation of Grand 40mm Wizards.

I'm going to call this a small step in the impact I want to have on this following. My next goal is to once and for all solve the greatest mystery in all automotive history. The first bullet in many World wars as men argued this question. What is the most desirable color???

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
General Leslie,

We will have to close this thread soon or else the Divisional Order of DDs will be blamed when Private Dave (probationary) starts insisting owners of red Hondas install white hood vents and ABS.

Tom
Supreme Leader of the Viper Nation of Grand 40mm Wizards

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"The White Side?"

Not the Red side?

General Leslie? Lol, sounds like a pay raise to me!

Supremo what? I think Wizard covers it.

Ted

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The committee will review the image for photochoppiness. Looks like a reflection from the flash to me. Where's the picture of the undercarriage again?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 bags charcoal, AC filters, oil jug for other V10, misc groceries.

I want my wings Tom!

Shop broom in passenger seat.

Gimme my wings!

GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME!

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The charcoal was not in a plastic bag, so that gained points. However, rumors that your car has lights underneath are currently being investigated. Preliminary information indicates you don't have actual lights, but there is a high degree of reflection. I think you should reflect on whether this reflects proper DD philosophy. We usually don't tolerate such brilliance.

BTW, that shop broom still has the wrapper on it, so that counts for zero.

PS looks like a bolt missing under the fascia. That's good.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 bags charcoal, AC filters, oil jug for other V10, misc groceries.

I want my wings Tom!

Shop broom in passenger seat.

Gimme my wings!

GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME!

Tom.. I suspect this is a staged garage event.. Dave is a pretty smart guy and I think he positioned the items as if they shifted under acceleration on a hard right turn, but I am a little skeptical since the Walmart bag items did not come out of the bag under hard braking. I also think if you rolled up a grocery cart, you would place the lighter items into the car first (you wouldn't stack oil or charcoal on top of the other items in the grocery cart) so the heavy items should have went into the car last forward of the lighter items. I think a map should be reviewed, how many right turns vs. left turns does it take to get from Walmart to Dave's garage?

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave's dead meat anyway. The broom was a giveaway and I was hoping he'd 'fess up. I've put fluorescent bulbs, rug edge strips, collapsable pool skimmer poles and rolled up rugs in the passenger side; everything slides down into the foot box and then whacks you on the right shoulder. Definitely staged.

'Fess up, Dave.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Dave, but in my four days of ownership I have DD'ed more than your car has ever seen. :D
1. drive from TX to MI
2. drove in a thunderstorm, twice
3. not washed
4. did weekly grocery shopping with it
5. ate & drank in it, fiancee' slept in it
6. let valet touch it, twice

Nick

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Dave, but in my four days of ownership I have DD'ed more than your car has ever seen. :D
1. drive from TX to MI
2. drove in a thunderstorm, twice
3. not washed
4. did weekly grocery shopping with it
5. ate & drank in it, fiancee' slept in it
6. let valet touch it, twice

Nick

I'm supposing while you slept in the hotel room?

Great catch you're gonna make. :rolleyes:

Oh, and touching only counts in the bedroom.

:D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, I got bored sitting on the front porch waiting for the FedEx truck to bring me my package. So I took the car out for a spin and it rained. Actually, "spit on" would probably be the more appropriate term. When I got home I did not detail the car at all.

How much more evidence do you need?!?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Tom. I'm out. Done. No more pursuit of DD status for Dave.

Based on techniques used by the American Academy of Forensic Sciences for blood splatter analysis I suspect my speed when I hit this puddle to have been 2.3 to 2.75 mph with a wind of 4 - 6 mph 15 degrees port. Tire temps were probably between 80 to 83 degrees F on this cool fall day.

Right now I'm struggling with a budget cap on Griot's products for what will likely be a long recovery.

Some things in life you can just cover up or rinse off or get over. I don't know here Tom. My car may be scrap status now.

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just kicked over 63000km last week bought it 3 years ago with 25000ish km put on 2000km the last two weeks.Daily driven.Rock chips on the front end and a few on the hood.The face of the side sills are chipped and I love every minute of it .If the snow and rain are not in the forcast i take my 94 rt for the ride.

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big E, you're in. Dash plaque, jacket patch, and wallet ID card are in the mail.

Give me another week or so and I will be unveiling the Mother of All Daily Drivers. I'm just getting a few things, uh, color coordinated. That doesn't mean anything will be white.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gotta drive it in the snow. I tried with runcraps and PS1 and couldn't move on flat ground so I'll try the PS2s and see if they can move on flat driveways.

Ted

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Big E, you're in. Dash plaque, jacket patch, and wallet ID card are in the mail.

Give me another week or so and I will be unveiling the Mother of All Daily Drivers. I'm just getting a few things, uh, color coordinated. That doesn't mean anything will be white.

Well,

We're waiting........

lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets