• Vert

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • ACR

Votes: 62 45.6%

• Total voters

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said and wait one year for improvements or bugs and an ACR edition instead of trying to be the first one on the block or city to have one.

I'll do everything possible I can to be one of the 1st owners. you can never regret a viper.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They can't just slap a wing on the GTS or SRT and call it an ACR.
It will have to be different looking (hopefully substantially) than either model so as to be immediately obvious what it is.
Hopefully lighter, wider and with more HP.
You know GM will be coming out with an upgraded C7 ZR1 and the Gen 5 ACR has to kill it in every way or it fails.

I don't think so, Jon. Was the Gen.4 ACR wider or did it have more horsepower than the Coupe? It was lighter, but most of the weight loss was wheels and rotors, which you already have with the Gen.5 track pack. It had aero and different paint, and ******** was available for more weight loss. Traditionally, the ACR cars have not been too far from the regular Vipers, and I think it will be the same this time. Now the ACR-X is a different story....All, of course, just my opinion.

Bill

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2014; ACR; Stripes; 700hp factory power; loaded @ <$115k; much meaner looking than current coupe.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think so, Jon. Was the Gen.4 ACR wider or did it have more horsepower than the Coupe? It was lighter, but most of the weight loss was wheels and rotors, which you already have with the Gen.5 track pack. It had aero and different paint, and ******** was available for more weight loss. Traditionally, the ACR cars have not been too far from the regular Vipers, and I think it will be the same this time. Now the ACR-X is a different story....All, of course, just my opinion.

Bill

That's what I'm afraid of Bill.
If you currently have a Gen 4 regular or ACR there has to be a compelling reason to make the move to a Gen 5 and a marginal performance increase (if that) won't do it. Needs more power and different look. Save the expensive interior for the GTS tourer .... I'll take the base interior with supercar look and 675 HP...:)

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bill

All true, but there is a clear pattern of evolution. The original ACR was almost the same as the street car. The second ACR was a lot more advanced. The key issue is it was done as a last minute thing on a shoe string budget. With an all new generation and with a move upmarket you are going to need to do more to attract new buyers. People really seem to love the AWD exotics. You are going to need something more exotic, and more exciting to compete. The Ring time alone is not going to be sufficient. The Viper in it's prime was leaps and bounds ahead of the competition. Now it's just a me too. If Chevy can make a widebody Z06 and ZR1 that looks light years ahead of the base C6 with very little change, there is no reason SRT can't do it. Even at the lower volume.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Passed by my local Dealer yesterday and I put my name down for a 2013 GTS in either Gunmetal or White.
They already had 3 firm requests from previous Viper owners, for 1 Black and 2 Red.

OP
OP
N

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the desire for an ACR so far in the poll lead, it brings up another question.... Does the rollout of an ACR hurt the new breed of customer SRT is seeking??

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Passed by my local Dealer yesterday and I put my name down for a 2013 GTS in either Gunmetal or White.
They already had 3 firm requests from previous Viper owners, for 1 Black and 2 Red.

And this dealer is definitely one of the select SRT dealers qualified to sell them?

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The results so far are exactly what I thought we'd see. ACR and Vert are necessary for at least 50% of current Vipers owners to want to make the switch.

Based on this poll, it seems more logical that the Gen V ACR should be the next Model Produced. Sorry, Newport Viper. Of course, that's what I want.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

and your local dealer will be called?

I'm looking for options :)

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What type of Gen V do you want?

I am surprised that with over 1150 views, only 101 members entered the Poll. I would like to see & I am sure that SRT would like to see HIGHER POLL NUMBERS. I am sorry to say but I forgot how to compute the number needed for a "Representative Sample". Not sure if 101 member voting is a sufficient sample.

BLUEVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I voted for the Vert...only cars I ever owned...living in the sunshine state. I just hope it is a retractable hard-top like the F-California...a car that looks awesome top up or top down!

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I voted for the Vert...only cars I ever owned...living in the sunshine state. I just hope it is a retractable hard-top like the F-California...a car that looks awesome top up or top down!

I honestly feel indifferent about how they do the vert. Some enthusiasts will want the vert to be like the Gen 3 & 4, but each body style has brought us a new type of vert. I would be very curious as to how they actually do it. For me, the car needs more shape right behind the seats when the top is down.

You must be registered for see images

The McLaren did a good job with not being flat. A hard top vert would be pretty bitchin. Maybe a motorized version of the RT/10. Targa top retains iconic Viper shape very well.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, to add fuel to the ACR fire, I emailed the dealer who has my viper deposit about cancelling and waiting for the ACR instead (thinking it was more than a year out). He responded and said that he would be getting the build schedule shortly, but that the ACR would be built this coming year. I'm not sure how speculative this is, but thought it good news for prospective ACR owners, FWIW.
i dont think srt is going to lay all the cars on the table the first year.. they are going to iron out the gts racer before we get a street version, but hey who knows now days

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This poll I think is missing the real question, not what you "want" but what would you "buy"? Run it again, put in a best guess for price and ask who is going to buy new in the next two years and see what results we get.

Killer33

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GTS coupe for me. Deposit down, it's going to be a long 7 months until the new one gets here.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
This poll I think is missing the real question, not what you "want" but what would you "buy"? Run it again, put in a best guess for price and ask who is going to buy new in the next two years and see what results we get.

That is an excellent suggestion. I for one would be interested to see the results.