Porsche Air Deflectors

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you mount your Porsche air deflectors?

I have been mounting mine using the IPS (Dilusi) brackets like in the illustrated upgrades, however, I have been running the deflectors upside down of that shown in the illustrated upgrade.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim,

Lots of options for mounting them, but I'm not really sure which one is best. You can bolt the bracket either above or below the wishbone, and you can orient the deflector several different ways. The way I started out, the bracket was on the bottom with the cupped part down. (this is what Tony shows) The wheel lip chewed on the edge of the cupped part pretty hard when the steering was near full lock (with Purners), but it moved air thru the wheel better and kept the periphery of the rotor cooler. I've since moved the bracket to the top, and flipped the deflector over. I haven't done enough track work since then to quantify the difference, but the scraping stopped.

I have a couple of pics in my gallery at "the other place."

Reaction score
Jim,
I'll have to double check the pictures! I do recall that I had initially mounted mine upside-down.....and then I fixed them. Now I am worried I have the wrong pictures up!! :(

OP
OP
J

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean,

Thanks for clarifying that the position of the bracket matters as well (above or below the control arm ). I run the bracket below the control arm, with the deflector "bosses" on top of the bracket.

Mine scraped as well, so I just carved a bit of the deflector away.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS Dean,

2 questions:

1. where is the best place to buy the deflectors ? (prob porsche right ?) do you have a part number?

2. The Cones told me that you know of some type of set up for a camera for track use, to mount in the vipers without the need for a roll bar? Can you give me the details so I can order one ?

Thanks.

Jon

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part Numbers:
Porsche Deflectors
993-341-084-00
993-341-083-00

for left and right. I think they were about 12$ each.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased mine directly from Porsche. They were off the Turbo model. Part of the upgrade from 911 to Turbo. I put them on with wrap ties. Not to professional, but wanted them to be flexible in case I went off track. Do not mount them too low, or they will be easily torn off.

I think Dan Cragin at DC has them available with a trick mounting system for under $100. Worth checking it out in the classifieds section this site.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,

If you spring for some aluminum brackets, (Dilusi) you can run them low and they won't get torn off. Trust me...

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two (left and right) deflectors I am selling. Let me know what is fair, unless it's 2002_Viper_GTS_ACR, then the price is $3000 :eek: :eek:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

boosttoy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon,
I have a pair of porsche deflectors that i will give you if you will come to lexington n.c and pick them up.Lexington is close to winston-salem.They came off my 97 gts i just sold last week.I also have a like new btr nos,gas,propane kit with extras,(bottle opener,custom carpeted holder for bottles,switch box,custom brackets for fuel cell,rpm window switch) if anyone is interested for 1500.Give me a call 3367648050 ask for Frank.
Later,Frank

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960