Possible 2016 Supercharged

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'd think an aftermarket option is probably better news because it would likely be more backwards compatible than a factory option. If they had to tweak any mounting points in the car for an OEM installation it might mean that the 13, 14, maybe even 15 car might not be able to install everything the same way.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think warrantied aftermarket is a good idea too. They can rely on Arrow who are already experts on the subject and save on development parts. They can also give customers the option and offer the best of both worlds NA and FI. Shelby has made it work with the super snake etc. so this could really work. The best part is that it leaves customization up to the owner who buys from the dealer. I think it's a win win vs not giving people the option.

Does anyone know if aftermarket gives them any break on fleet emissions?

I think making it factory might require going down to a V8 to meet emissions requirements and therefore lose the beastly image (and racing advantage) of the Viper.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
That's an interesting point. To some degree aftermarket still has to meet emissions standards, but it could be a "non-California" kit if they don't want to seek CARB certification. Or it can always be packaged as "off-road only", like most parts that somehow find their way onto Vipers :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62