Possible clutch master or slave cylinder????

SNIPERDOG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is now hard to get the car into reverse, and going through the gears is also tough. Clutch is less than 10,000 miles old. would it be likely the slave or the master cylinder that is the problem?

Thanks

Rob

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any grinding when trying to force the car into any gear?

Sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging properly. If the slave were leaking, there would be a pool of brake fluid under the transmission, or general wetness around the trans bellhousing from a slow leak. Slave typically goes bad before a master cylinder does. How is your fluid level?

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the clutch fluid hasn't been changed and bled in a while, I'd start there first.

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had this issue with my gen2.

it could be either or. pump the cluch 20-30 times.. is it easier to go into gear? if so then it's the master cylinder. If that does not help then it's likely the slave cylinder.

OP
OP
S

SNIPERDOG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No grinding, just resistance to get into gear., just did the pump the pedal test.,, no change.,. slave cylinder ordered :)

thanks guys

Rob

blackvenom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Curious as to the outcome of this because my car has the same problem and I just had a clutch and slave put in. I think the shop did a terrible job bleeding it. I am going to put new fluid in and bleed it tonight and see if that fixes. How does you clutch pedal feel?

OP
OP
S

SNIPERDOG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the symptom seems to have stopped.,., I looked at the fluid, it is dirty, I'm gonna flush it with new fluid, that may be it for now.,,.

I will keep updating