"Power Effects" cat back

97 B/W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\"Power Effects\" cat back

Anyone ever heard of it?

That's what mine came with when I bought it. I don't like it though. Tooooo quiet. It has a knob with 6 different positions that allow me to supposedly change the flow within and therefore the sound coming out. I don't think it works though...I can't tell the diff in any of the different settings.

I know, get a different system...

Just curious if anyone has ever heard of this brand.

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

I had the PE cat back system on my blown 94 Vette with 600 rwhp. It was awesome for the Vette...very deep and mean (I had a radical cam). I kept mine set at "wide open" all the time and did notice a difference in sound from extreme settings, but not between 2-3-4, etc. It also had quite a resonance...couldn't play the stereo.

Didn't know they even made them for a Viper. They were a quality system back then for the Vette. :headbang:

OP
OP

97 B/W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Wow...glad someone has heard of them!

Thanks vette2viper.

Not saying it is not a quality deal...but I am saying that it does nothing for the sound (no matter what setting) for my Viper.

When a friend of mine (has a sweet s/c'd vette) first heard me fire up the Viper, he made a kinda "that's it????" face. It really is unimpressive.

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

I know there is a big difference between a V8 and V10 sound. Here is a link to my Vette site and it has a sound clip on it. If I started the Vette in an apartment parking lot, I usually set off car alarms...lol. Obviously it must take a different system to give the Viper a wicked sound. Hope you find one you are happy with. I love a 96/97 GTS with the Corsa system...really brings out that factory cam.

C4 Vette w/Power Effects catback

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfal0003