Power Steering, ok, so now what?

CHAOS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have replaced everything, lines, pump, reservoir fluid and the fluid just pours out from the reservoir and pump, every thing is new.

Any ideas on why it would be leaking so bad? There is a tan plug and a single o-ring then the reservoir and pump fit together with the clips. When I put it together it looked like a problem as there was no seal.

Service manual is no help, HELP!

Thanks

OP
OP
C

CHAOS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are three pieces, the reservoir, the little tan plug and an O-ring. Anyone know which side goes into the reservoir, the short side or long side, also where does the o-ring go?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's anything like the Gen 1/2, the pump body is cast and machined. The reservoir is plastic and slips over the guts of the pump and locks in place with the clips. There should be a machined o-ring groove on the OD of the pump body for about a 4" diameter seal. I don't recall if the hi pressure hose seals with a bump tube o-ring, or inverted flare nut. There is also a seal for the shaft to keep it from leaking behind the pulley.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Post pictures of where it is leaking from. My guess is that the o-ring between the reservoir and pump is missing, as you alluded to.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950