Pre Mopar Nats get together in Columbus!

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon- that's probably from Jim Belinda, a VCA officer/member and Viper owner.
Really cool guy, and that sounds like a helluva deal!

You guys really should see Anthony's Charger.
It's got so much CF on it, I think it's bullet-proof now.
:D :D

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONFIRMED LIST -as of 8.4.09
- Stretch (95 Viper R/T)
- Kevan (05 Ram SRT-10)
- Mopar Boy (02 Viper ACR)
- Lagalaxy (03 Viper SRT-10)
- JojoGTS (00 Viper GTS)
- Phun70 (R/T)

Maybes:
3 Columbus guys (possibly 4 Vipers total)
Chrissss (said you're coming, but was that to the zone event & *******?)
turbobuckeye

Am I missing anyone?

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevan,
I have 4-5 Viper owners staying at my place(Southeast of Columbus) Thursday-Sunday. I don't know if they will want to drive up to Polaris or not. There is also a ******* on E. Main St. about 20 miles west of the track(Same Rd.!) We usually do something closer to home base. I live about 5 miles from the Brice Rd. hang out!

We do regular meetings at Quaker Steak and Lube at Polaris and they usually give us a parking area! FYI!

My motorhome is white with blue stripes( Not Brown) and we have the entire grassy area where there usually are 4-5 tents this year. We will be a little further back from the tower with a 40'x120' tent for show cars and later for dinner. Suite in the tower is on! Information you have posted seems accurate. People can get in at the gate and pay for Saturday only, if they want to!

Most of the VCA Regional Rendezvous people will be staying later at the track for a Barb-B-Q on Saturday evening.

Saturday's after 10 AM should be pretty smooth sailing through gate A. many people will already have their tickets and won't need to pay.

See you all at the event, I'll be there setting up on Thursday!

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather looks like Partly Cloudy Thursday-Sunday, lows in the 60's and highs mid 80's, that is subject to change!

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam, sorry for the incovenient location on the north side of Columbus. The ball got rolling up there because it was somewhat centrally located between a few of us who were talking about getting together initially. Your friends are more than welcome to join us if they don't mind the drive up. It would be great to get more people there to hang out.

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Promises! I'll let everyone know about your meet! I will be out at the track from Noon until? on Thursday setting up. Then we have a drive/lunch planned for Friday or I may hang out at the track all day Friday. It's about a 45 minute drive to Polaris from my place and we may all crash and hang out Thursday night at my place or hit a local place or two.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Sam!
Sorry about the brown thing. I could have sworn it was brown with white stripes.....
At least I didn't say "Yellow". :D :D :D

For those that haven't yet, you guys need to meet Sam. He's kinda like Santa Claus (same beard), but about 340x more jolly. Super cool guy.

I like the ******* in Reynoldsburg too (closer to me than Polaris), but always seem to be there on "Amazon Waitress Night". :) I figured I'd give the one up north a shot.

I can understand Sam and his friends hesitancy about driving up to Polaris.
I-270 is PACKED with law enforcement officers, rolling all sort of radar and laser. They have some kind of new gun that my RD doesn't even see!

WHILE AT MOPAR NATIONALS AND IN COLUMBUS, DO THE SPEED LIMIT!!!

That's not me being a wimp.
That's me trying to help you not get a 67 in a 65 because you have a spiffy ride that's easier to pick out than a minivan or a Camry.
The officers here are generally cool, but getting a ticket- or even just getting pulled over- *****.
Then there's the YouTube vids that your buddies shoot as they drive by....:D

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder Kevan. I'll be sure to do only the speed limit while up there. Tickets are bad.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's about a 45 minute drive to Polaris from my place and we may all crash and hang out Thursday night at my place or hit a local place or two.

What's 45 mins to hang out with fellow Vipers;) I'm driving over a hour to get up there after work. Hope to you youg guys, I'm trying to make it so I can check out the cars.

jojogts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys not going to make the thursday meet I just canceled my vacation for this weekend. I took it to the very end trying to get a ideal on the weather no use in wasting 2 days if its going to rain. So I'll just come after work on friday night like I had planned in the first place. I hope to see you guys around the show!!!

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Less than a day!

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow and the rest of the weekend.

If you get there tomorrow and I'm not in the parking lot, I'll be the tall goofy looking guy inside wearing the hawaiian shirt :2tu:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys not going to make the thursday meet I just canceled my vacation for this weekend. I took it to the very end trying to get a ideal on the weather no use in wasting 2 days if its going to rain. So I'll just come after work on friday night like I had planned in the first place. I hope to see you guys around the show!!!
Bummer JoJo.
Thurs looks like the best day of the bunch: mostly sunny and 81F.
It's Friday and Saturday that look sketchy.

Stretch- does that mean I shouldn't wear a hawaiian shirt...to avoid any confusion? LOL

Uggh. Back to cleaning the wheels.
*curse* twenty-two inches....what were they thinking?!!? *curse*

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get up about 6:00 AM Thursday headed to setup at the track , load motorhome & trailer, load dually and another trailer, hit Sam's Club and load some of the stuff needed for Saturday's lunch. Leave the track about 6 PM on Thursday, after setting up all day, go home, get cleaned up,45 minutes there, 45 minutes back a couple hours there, Now it's midnight and I have to leave for the track again about 7:00 AM! Or hang out at home! Decisions Decisions!

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Uggh. Back to cleaning the wheels.
*curse* twenty-two inches....what were they thinking?!!? *curse*

That's what is nice about my wheels. They look terrible, and are getting black chromed this winter so I don't have to really clean them.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Get up about 6:00 AM Thursday headed to setup at the track , load motorhome & trailer, load dually and another trailer, hit Sam's Club and load some of the stuff needed for Saturday's lunch. Leave the track about 6 PM on Thursday, after setting up all day, go home, get cleaned up,45 minutes there, 45 minutes back a couple hours there, Now it's midnight and I have to leave for the track again about 7:00 AM! Or hang out at home! Decisions Decisions!

Sounds like a long day, would be nice to meet your "group" tonight but there is always next time. be safe at the track.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nah you can wear one too. Then there will be two tall goofy guys and therefore easier to spot amongst the ladies :2tu:

QUOTE]

Sorry will miss the Hawaiian shirt by one day, Hawaiian shirts are only for Fridays.

You guys will probably be there before me, (I have to wait on a buddy) but I'll be in a orange Bob Marley shirt.

turbobuckeye

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How late do you all plan on being at ******* on Thursday? Still working on some stuff for the weekend and not sure if I will make the 6pm start.

jojogts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you believe the weather has changed this much! I can't believe I canceled my vacation and missed Thursday and Friday day!

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't very social last night guys. Long day. Then we got stuck in traffic for over a hour. Sean the Buddie that was with me was still hungover from the night before. I eat everyday right a 5 so I was staved. No excuse, but just wanted to say something about it.
Am curious whoever had the other Red srt10, what kind of dyno # does that setup put out?

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't very social last night guys. Long day. Then we got stuck in traffic for over a hour. Sean the Buddie that was with me was still hungover from the night before. I eat everyday right a 5 so I was staved. No excuse, but just wanted to say something about it.
Am curious whoever had the other Red srt10, what kind of dyno # does that setup put out?
Hey LAgalaxy13!
Good to meet ya last night. It's nice to see another pro sports fan in Columbus. Tough gig for us. LOL
Thanks for coming down and bringing your cool ride.

The other red SRT-10 was Jaron's disturbing monster.
I think he said somewhere around 900HP when fully loaded.

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for coming out everyone! 7 Vipers and 1 Viper truck, not too bad!

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well guys im sorry. I couldnt get away to come up. Im bummed beyound words but ill shoot for next year. Have fun:(

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First time I have looked at the webboards since that night. WAY too many 2 am going to bed nights with 5:30 am mornings....:crazy2:

Will upload a few pics in the next day or so. :D

Nice to meet y'all! :)

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for coming out everyone! 7 Vipers and 1 Viper truck, not too bad!
Enjoyed meeting everyone. Thanks for organizing this and hope to see everyone at the Nats next year or another VCA event.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32