Pre Mopar Nats get together in Columbus!

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like I'll just be meeting up on Thurs. I'm not a VCA member so hanging out for the Viper stuff doesn't look to be in the cards. Not being a fan of much other mopar stuff, looks like I'd be lost for a day.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the VCA tent going to be located?
The VCA tent and the "Viper Pit" are located at the front of the drag strip, about 100' south of the main tower.

You'll see signs for GATE B, but that gate is for emergency vehicles only (no entry/exit).
The Viper Pit is on the other side of that gate/fence.

Looks like I'll just be meeting up on Thurs. I'm not a VCA member so hanging out for the Viper stuff doesn't look to be in the cards. Not being a fan of much other mopar stuff, looks like I'd be lost for a day.
I'm not a VCA member either, but I'll be hangin' with them on Saturday (they are gracious hosts).

The drag races are fun, and the vendors have some cool stuff.
Not many Viper items, but....

At the VERY LEAST, join us for the cruises on Fri./Sat.

jojogts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering guys if the weather is still crap on Thursday who still coming? I can't say for sure if the weather is junk if I'll drive 150 miles in it!!! I hope it clears up.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just wondering guys if the weather is still crap on Thursday who still coming? I can't say for sure if the weather is junk if I'll drive 150 miles in it!!! I hope it clears up.

It's Ohio you can't plan for good weather more then 5 mins in advance.
If it's super crappy I won't be there, I haven't drove my Viper in the rain yet, not that it can't get wet, I just haven't yet, not sure how 500 hp act's in the rain yet.

jojogts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
500hp is that all you got! Try driving in the rain with 700hp! Car has been wet before but only a few times I'd rather not drive in it 150 miles... Just kidden about the 700hp.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm definitely hoping to be there unless the weather is bad. It's true, you can't count on the weather more than a day in advance.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you'll be able to talk me into it on Thursday.;)

Dude. No problem. :D

Have only missed 3 years since 1993. Should not be hard for me to do! :D

My car will not be there if it rains either, but I will still be there in a different vehicle. :) Cant miss out on meeting y'all!:headbang:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there, rain or shine.

The weather looks craptastic all next week, but should clear up by Thurs.
(If I had audio on TWC I'd be able to tell you all more, but....Scientific Atlanta + HDMI = FAIL in HiDef)

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
500hp is that all you got! Try driving in the rain with 700hp! Car has been wet before but only a few times I'd rather not drive in it 150 miles... Just kidden about the 700hp.

I tried one Sat morning to take it out on some wet roads to get some "practice" but every buddy and there brother stopped by and by the time I got on the road it was dry as a bone.
I drive it with a straight head but never know. I guess if i can handle a 100+ HP & Torque motorcycle in the rain, I should be able to handle the car.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather looks NICE for Weds, Thurs, and Friday.
Maybe some rain on Sat. or Sun.

Time to break out the clay bar......

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't need to clean too much, I will by far have the worse Viper there. I need a major detail, waiting till the end of year, so I can give more time to make new clear coat scratches.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If weather permits then I think Saturday will be my best bet to make it up for a day. I may pull off Friday though if Saturday ends up being a wash. I will call Jason and see where everyones at and meeting times, places etc. Hope to see yall up there.:2tu:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stretch- call me when you land in Columbus.
I could use an extra set of hands polishing the front suspension.
:D

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha, I'm not cleaning my suspension, there's just not enough time. I might be able to stop by depending on when I get out of here. A meeting came up that I have to attend that morning so it will affect my departure time. I'll have to swing by my parents to drop off the top & suitcase, then I should be free.

Also, I talked to a manager at ******* on Polaris. He said we can have the secondary lot of theirs for our cars (& trucks). People only use the primary lot right in front of their front door so we'll be secluded a bit. I'll be sure to be there right at 6 pm. If you're coming and want my phone number to get in touch with us pm me. The cars should be easy to spot, but if you don't see them at first, drive around the back side of the building and they should be visible.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so Im going to risk sounding a bit foolish here but are we entering our cars into the mopar event or are we just parking in the general parking lot to go view the cars, races etc? Its hard to get much info from the mopar nationals website? Does the VCA have a place for us to bring the beasts for the day or days? Baby step me through it:D

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon - You will be at the Nats, in with all the cars, but the VCA has a roped off area to themselves.

You will enter the gates, buy or show them the tickets you pre ordered, and you are in! If you signed up to race at the bottom end of the strip you get your vehicle inspected, otherwise park with the VCA! The VCA will be parked by the bottom of the tower along the side of the staging lanes.

Stretch, better send me a PM with a number!:D I can get lost easily! :rolleyes:

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon - You will be at the Nats, in with all the cars, but the VCA has a roped off area to themselves.

You will enter the gates, buy or show them the tickets you pre ordered, and you are in! If you signed up to race at the bottom end of the strip you get your vehicle inspected, otherwise park with the VCA! The VCA will be parked by the bottom of the tower along the side of the staging lanes.

Stretch, better send me a PM with a number!:D I can get lost easily! :rolleyes:

Well um... I havent bought any tickets yet? Will that be a problem? I didn't now I could make it until yesterday. I can only come Saturday. If I can still get a ticket who do I contact?

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon- you can get tickets at the gate.
$65 for one car/one person.
$90 if you want to race it.
Get there as early as possible to avoid the long lines. I believe they open at 7AM.

When you enter National Trails Raceway, head towards the tower.
The VCA area (aka "The Viper Pit) will be on the south side in the grass.
If you're facing the stairs to get up to the tower, The Viper Pit is directly behind you.
Keep a look out for a HUGE brown motorhome and a bigass tent.

If you hit the chain link fence, you've gone about 10' too far. :D
-------------------------------------------------------------

Robert- six-one-four five-nine-six nine-three-three-six is mine.
It's on 24/7.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon- you can get tickets at the gate.
$65 for one car/one person.
$90 if you want to race it.
Get there as early as possible to avoid the long lines. I believe they open at 7AM.

When you enter National Trails Raceway, head towards the tower.
The VCA area (aka "The Viper Pit) will be on the south side in the grass.
If you're facing the stairs to get up to the tower, The Viper Pit is directly behind you.
Keep a look out for a HUGE brown motorhome and a bigass tent.

If you hit the chain link fence, you've gone about 10' too far. :D
-------------------------------------------------------------

Robert- six-one-four five-nine-six nine-three-three-six is mine.
It's on 24/7.

Thats good news!! I will try and get there right at 7:00am or earlier unless vca guys are meeting somewhere before heading over that morning?:dunno:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there early on Sat. morning as well.
Feel free to hit me up on the cell and you can follow me over to The Viper Pit.

Here's a quick map to help:

You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry for the small image size.

Enter at Gate A [green square]
Tower [blue square]
The Viper Pit [red square]

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevan you're the man! That map is definitely helpful.

If I wait and show up at like 10 am will that make the line shorter b/c of all the people that got there early? I only ask b/c I'm staying like an hour away from the track and 7 am is real early.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saturday at 10AM, the line for Gate A will probably reach to about Gate C or D, along US-40.
:D :D :D

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, Kevan is right. BIG lines the longer you wait. 9ish is normally the busiest as thats when most get their asses out of bed! :D I know. I have waited in 1 mile long lines more than once!

Kevan - Thanks! I would give mine but none of you can call without paying "Calling Canada" rates! :rolleyes:

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I got a notice back from somebody at the Mopar Nationals and he says (I quote)

"Yes, there is a Saturday only VCA package that can be bought at the gate. It get you and your Viper into the track plus lunch, the suite access and the dinner. $85, $60 for any additional people.
Jim"

So how many viper (count me in) do we have making it? weather permiting:dunno:

turbobuckeye

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mentioned it to Kevan already but put me down as a maybe. If I can wrap up my "weekend prep" to-do list and get the car detailed before Thursday night I will up there with the Carbon Fiber Charger Daytona R/T.

Planning to attend the entire weekend as well as hitting the Friday and Saturday night cruises. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery