Price announced on SRT-10

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MSRP for the SRT has supposedly been announced at $83,795 (including gas guzzler tax) and dealer cost is approx $7,300 less than that (varies slightly by dealer "market adjustment" for local Dodge advertising). Don't know the hold-back % or if there is dealer cash-back but, hey, let your dealer make a little money, OK?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds interesting, but I haven't been able to verify. Doesn't seem out of line from all the rumors we have heard, and it should make all those folks who think the older ones will go down in price realize that the increase will keep the prices strong, for resale, on those of us with the current body styles.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MSRP of $83,000! Too much. I was told that the price would actually be LOWER than the current cars due to the deletion of the clamshell hood. I guess they have to leave room in the prce for the recalls!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if it's true that would make it 129,882.25 Canadian. It's gonna be a slow christmas this year
supergrin.gif

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MiamiJeff.....source? Who made the announcement? Motor Trend said (estimated) $70,500. That would make a major auto rag $10,000 off their estimate.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hope this helps on current pricing:

GTS --- $76,000
GTS/ stripes ( including Final Edition )---$79,000

ACR -- $87,100
ACR/Stripes ( including Final Edition ) ---$90,100

RT-10 ---$75,500

All prices include gas guzzler tax.

It appears the new car will be the same on the gas guzzler tax.

The current Chrysler DIAL system ( computer link-up ) does not show any prices as of yet, nor could I confirm from my zone manager. One item of interest that has already been on the board is that there are Vipers out in California for a press release get together and testing. Maybe the price leak came from there. The previous price from Motor Trend was never considered acurate, as virtually every other magazine listed a higher estimate. Many think this fueled the speculation that the price would go down.
The DC goal , long ago, was to keep a base around $78,000 , so
depending on whether the price listed by Jeff is accurate or not, it doesn't appear too far off. The cost analysis of the 2003 showed many items would cost less to build, but when factoring in R&D, improvements ( new motor, rear end upgrades, 4-channel ABS, new wheel design, electric adjustable pedals, new stereo, transmission changes, new body, etc. ) a price increase was always in the cards. Just lobby Daimler/Chrysler to do the 500/500/500/500 for 2003.

500/500/500/500

500hp/ 500 cubes/ 500 lbs. of torque/ pacing the Indy 500

2003 Snake at da Brickyard!!!

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRTRick,

$75,500 is the current listed entry level price for the RT/10 on Dodge's website: http://www.dodge.com/viper/
I mis-read that the $7300 was gas tax
frown.gif
, when it was the rough the dealer markup portion of the price.

It is still cheaper than an ACR model.

I do however agree with you that DC needs to keep the price under $80K to look reasonable in the inevitable comparisons with the Z06.

-Dean.

S

SUN RA KAT

I'm glad I opted to get a new 2002 GTS rather than wait for late 2003 for a 2004 SRT-10. I think if the price of $83,795 (before sales tax) is close to be being correct, I would be stuck dreaming about finding a nice used GTS instead of buying a new SRT-10.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manasas1,

It's actually not too far off of the current Viper pricing which starts at $75,500 compared to this SRT-10 price of $76,495 (up only $995, before gas guzzler tax).

-Dean.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be way off, but I'm sure the current price of about $75K includes the gas guzzler tax. The price w/o it should be about $72K for an RT/10 with the hardtop option (now standard I think?)
Does anyone actually know how much this tax will be on the SRT-10? With the engine improvements, do you think we'll see an EPA mileage rating higher than the 11/21 that was on my RT/10?

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snakester - if thats the current list, they raised it recently, as both Edmunds & KBB show the coupe at $73000.00, the roadster slightly less. (I assume + the 3K guzzler)(Or at least I thought the GGT was $3K, not the $6K your post indicates) That would make it a $7000. increase for the new car. Puts it closer to some imported exotics and further from the Z06 it's likely to be compared with by the magazines.

This is higher than I expected, hope it's wrong.

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe Jeff will be real close on the price he stated. The base price is supposed to be $79,995.00. Add in gas guzzler tax and delivery and I imagine it will be close to $83,795.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did not want to say anything untll it became more "official". When I was at the Viper v Viper race in Arizona there was a car for us to sit in, and was used for VIP rides.
I opened the center glove box, and there was a "mini Marony" sticker, very official looking with the factory list price of $79,995.
I did not say anything earlier, as I felt Dodge was so nice to bring out a car, that it would be inappropriate to say anything earlier, but this is just to back up Tony's post.
At this price the car is a steal. More HP, torque, bigger engine, faster, higher top speed, better build quality, superior aerodynamics, better stereo, seats, insulation, better sounding exhaust, far superior top, and yes a milder styling statement.
Anyone that does not want their certificate car give me a call, I' ll take there car off their hands in a hartbeat!
cool.gif

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we are talking about $76,500 Dealer Cost?

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Venom 2K on 06-28-2002 at 09:50 PM</font>

singlemd4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me see if I got this right 2002 r/t list price including gas guzzler tax is 75,500. The 2003 srt is 83,795 . Dodge is raising the price almost 8,300 dollars!!! I don't think thats a good deal at all. I have to seriously rethink this whole thing.This is getting out of hand.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think the SRT-10 is more comparable to the ACR at $87,100 than the RT/10 or GTS.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's still a steal compared to the porsche turbo or 360 modena. They will be to the SRT what the C5 vette is to the current Viper.

It's a deal. only $8,300 difference, not a big price increase if you ask me.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelP:
How much did they increase the price when they went from Gen I to Gen II but kept the clam shell hood?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

there were huge price jumps alone. In 94 we got our RT/10 for $64K Canadian and during the time our order was being filled the price increased like 5-8K, now an RT would cost you $114K up here. So I don't think $8,300 is that big a deal considering you're getting an all new car. Sure $$ is saved in the hood but that's not to say the technology to build a true convertible is cheaper combined with the advancements and processes of building an all around better car.

If $8,300 breaks you from buying the new car, you probably shouldn't be considering it.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig, thank you for your wisdom. I will crawl back into my cardboard box, realizing I am a poor man indeed.
tongue.gif
smile.gif

BTW I would take a /94 RT over a 2003 SRT but let's not go there.
cool.gif

How much is 8K US in Canadian dollars?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelP:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's around $2 million or so...

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much did they increase the price when they went from Gen I to Gen II but kept the clam shell hood?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They added 50 HP to the Gen II and a few other goodies and the price went up approx a $1,000. Now they took off the clam shell hood which is about $10,000 retail added 50HP and ALOT of other goodies and the price went up $8300.

Seems strange to moi.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Craig, thank you for your wisdom. I will crawl back into my cardboard box, realizing I am a poor man indeed.
tongue.gif
smile.gif

BTW I would take a /94 RT over a 2003 SRT but let's not go there.
cool.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Michael,

Sorry, I'm not trying to act all holier than thou (I'm dam_n poor as you all know) but the same can be said about anything
supergrin.gif

The thing is there has been price increases in the past they just weren't a big deal I guess. Another case in point. We paid 80K for the GTS in 96 (MSRP of 85K). Now GTS's up here are around 117K MSRP for the past 3 years. $32K in 3 years = 10,600/year which is about $7K U.S.

Doesn't seem off base to me. Though I wish they were cheaper
supergrin.gif

singlemd4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the price of the new Viper starts hitting 84K plus sales tax one has to look around at other sports cars. The competition may not be as fast but probably has better amenities, better fit and finish and better status. When the Viper was in the low to mid 70's in price it fit into a nice price category. The vette below it and porsche ferrari nsx gt40( maybe) above it.I was intending to keep my 97 gts and the srt but thats alot of money to keep ******* in a depreciating commodity.Especially with the economy the way it is.Plus Dodge never offers any financing on the Viper either. GM is offering .9% on the corvette. Thats my 2 cents I'm just very dissappointed with the huge price increase.
PS I don't believe other models took such a jump after a redesign. 2003 SL500, 1997corvette, BMW 745 come to mind.