Proud Enthusiast, former venom member

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thank you VCA for letting me post and be a part of this site, i love the viper which i feel this site is all about.
i no longer have the perks when i was a paying member and to list a few - posting unlimited pics ( which i do
miss big time ), going to members only threads, my avatar, my sig. saying that i can understand why i no
longer have those perks, you have to pay to play, lol. this is and always will be my favorite viper site to visit.
yes i have been around for a decade and look forward to another. last decade i owned 5 vipers. this decade
i can only hope to do the same. i appreciate all the VCA has offered to me and continues to. maybe something
the VCA could do is offer a past member a junior membership, i would do it and pay the same price as owners.
i dont need all the same benefits but would like to feel more a part of the VCA and help in any way to make it
better.

THE VCA WILL ALWAYS BE !!!!!!!!!!

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
A reasonable dinner out for 2 would buy a Venom membership, let alone a regular membership. If you have owned 5 Vipers as you claim and want to do that again this decade, I find it hard to understand why you cannot afford to join. Your asking for a "junior membership"--what do you expect to save? 50 bucks?--for a guy that wants to buy 5 Vipers this decade--amazing. As I said in another post, I'd like to see "enthusiasts" only allowed to view certain site areas and not post at all. The reason for this is my observation that most negative posts come from non member enthusiasts. I'm very sick of the negativity coming from non members. I know your post was not negative, but many are. Just my thoughts about "enthusiasts"--Dave

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Well I hope not all of us enthusiast are that negative

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that there may be a misunderstanding here. Unless I am reading the initial post incorrectly, Wanted does not own a Viper currently so he cannot be a Member. I remember reading his drag racing posts with interest back in 2006 and his posts regarding the Gen IV in 2008. The 06 posts were when we were all discussing Ranger's driving skills with the then new Z06.

Last edited:

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Dave, I think we all can certainly understand how you feel about the recent negativity, but I do think you may have misunderstood Wanted’s comments. I take it that he is currently not a Viper owner and would like to actually show his support by being something such as an Associate Member. I think we have to be careful not to assume that all “enthusiasts” or for that matter even past members have a desire to see the VCA fail as through my lens I see them as all potential future members. We have work to do. Personally, in regards to that “negativity” you speak about, I believe the best course of action going forward is to refrain from responding and NOT engage with those that post such comments, you will never win those keyboard battles and all you do is fuel it more. It’s time to move forward and invest our energy into positive posts about the Viper.

Chuck

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A reasonable dinner out for 2 would buy a Venom membership, let alone a regular membership. If you have owned 5 Vipers as you claim and want to do that again this decade, I find it hard to understand why you cannot afford to join. Your asking for a "junior membership"--what do you expect to save? 50 bucks?--for a guy that wants to buy 5 Vipers this decade--amazing. As I said in another post, I'd like to see "enthusiasts" only allowed to view certain site areas and not post at all. The reason for this is my observation that most negative posts come from non member enthusiasts. I'm very sick of the negativity coming from non members. I know your post was not negative, but many are. Just my thoughts about "enthusiasts"--Dave

If you have owned 5 Vipers as you claim, yes i
have owned 5 vipers. go visit my gallery.

2-2002 rt/10 graphites
1- 2003 srt red
1- 2004 srt silver
1- 2005 vca special edition

dave go visit my gallery.

bill p from woodhouse bought my 2004 silver srt

go to dragracing.com - i ran the fastest time for
a 2002 rt/10 at 11.48 stock

i dont want a discount at all, read it full price
less benefits.

i have always supported the vca and always will.

i made my post to be positive and help move
forward to save it.

just a fyi, when i took ownership of the vca edition
at barrettjacksons in az, herb and i stayed at the
same hotel having a great time talking together.

my point is im all in with saving the vca, period.

i have many more stories dave if you have the time.

i do feel like you are the same as me wanting to
help the vca continue.

my post is all positive

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Wanted--
I did not want to upset you or question your loyalty to the VCA. I guess I'm just responding to the constant negative posts by other enthusiasts that are still being posted even today. I also think that our costs are very low for membership, however if you do not currently own a Viper, I now understand your situation. I guess I saw your post after reading several other negative posts from enthusiasts, so I apologize for obviously upsetting you. I wish there was a way to end all the negativity and get on with the Viper related discussion. i remember your post about your daughter, now that Bob reminded me, and I say again, as I said in that post about your daughter, that thank God she is still with you.--Dave

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deleted and on my way to get a bigger monitor to read WANTED's big boy posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he's misunderstood because his posts are rambling nonsensical gibberish and written in a font and style that would embarrass a two year old? Just a thought.

Way to make the case for Enthusiasts.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't like seeing former owners being called Enthusiasts just because they no longer owned cars and I don't like it now that I am one. It would not hurt to show a little courtesy to prior members who no longer own a Viper by allowing them a "prior owner" moniker. Information,complaints and praise would carry a lot more validity knowing a previous owner was giving the information rather than dreamers and mag/internet readers.

Some people can't own a Viper forever, but their past knowledge would benefit this site and other new owners.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to make the case for Enthusiasts.

I was a paid member for 10 years not to mention a Venom member since its inception.
And have owned four Vipers.
And you are????

Last edited by a moderator:

Poor Richard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't like seeing former owners being called Enthusiasts just because they no longer owned cars and I don't like it now that I am one. It would not hurt to show a little courtesy to prior members who no longer own a Viper by allowing them a "prior owner" moniker. Information,complaints and praise would carry a lot more validity knowing a previous owner was giving the information rather than dreamers and mag/internet readers.

Some people can't own a Viper forever, but their past knowledge would benefit this site and other new owners.

WELL SAID Ray W

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a paid member for 10 years not to mention a Venom member since its inception.
And have owned four Vipers.
And you are????

I own a 97 drivers side door panel, and a ACR vert spark plug.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Just the opposite here, 30,000 VIN's and no Viper, does that count?

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanted--
I did not want to upset you or question your loyalty to the VCA. I guess I'm just responding to the constant negative posts by other enthusiasts that are still being posted even today. I also think that our costs are very low for membership, however if you do not currently own a Viper, I now understand your situation. I guess I saw your post after reading several other negative posts from enthusiasts, so I apologize for obviously upsetting you. I wish there was a way to end all the negativity and get on with the Viper related discussion. i remember your post about your daughter, now that Bob reminded me, and I say again, as I said in that post about your daughter, that thank God she is still with you.--Dave

dave thanks for the reply. im not upset at all and want the same as you. i do agree with what you said. thanks again for the prayer for my daughter. she is doing great.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WANTED

Have loved your very informative posts over the years, especially the drag racing tips. Few can match your mad, foot to the floor, shifting skills.

Believe you are always welcome over here.

Just because your are between Vipers is no reason for concern.

Lots of changes going on with the club and this forum. Maybe when things settled down just a bit, their might be other options.

Again. You are WELCOME

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Former owner (2005 Gen 3) and former Venom Member, fully agree and wish we were shown a bit more appreciation and have the option to support the club in the form of Associate Member or Former Owner/Member as opposed to being "demoted" to enthusiast.

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dave thanks for the reply. im not upset at all and want the same as you. i do agree with what you said. thanks again for the prayer for my daughter. she is doing great.

sorry, have no idea what your daughter is going through, But I hope she is well.

My daughter is a cancer patient so any prayers for someone's daughter catches my eye.

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry, have no idea what your daughter is going through, But I hope she is well.

My daughter is a cancer patient so any prayers for someone's daughter catches my eye.
Your daughter is a cancer patient, I am very sorry to hear about this, no parents should have to go through this , my prayers are with her , I lost my first wife with cancer and I can feel your pain , I wish her well and WANTED daughter had a car accident and I wish her well also.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Silver04--
That's the type of post we really don't need anymore. Let's just discuss the Viper at this point or other positive constructive issues, as I really think that everything negative has already been said.--Dave

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like the enthusiast title either, frankly. Please know there is no hostility towards "former" members, nor is there anything we did to change from "member" to "enthusiast". Per our webmaster, we HAD a group of "Viper Owner" 5 years past, but it would take a large-scale effort to re-instate (which means developer time, money).

So basically we have member, enthusiast, and banned as groups as of 5 years ago and today. So this is a technical thing (again per the webmaster).

Not trying to make excuses, it is what it is. We have an in-person meeting this weekend, and at Daytona. This will be a topic of discussion, as, I side with you guys, you should be recognized as an owner (or past member), it's just do we want to spend money on those (and I'm not trying to be snarky, just stating facts) that aren't members. My vote is "yes" as it shows goodwill, that should result in memberships down the road when we start to prove our value...

As to the associate thing (as in you used to have a Viper, or you have a truck) this was looked at years ago, and it pissed current owners off. I think it's worthy of re-visiting...

Greg

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I don't like the enthusiast title either, frankly. Please know there is no hostility towards "former" members, nor is there anything we did to change from "member" to "enthusiast". Per our webmaster, we HAD a group of "Viper Owner" 5 years past, but it would take a large-scale effort to re-instate (which means developer time, money).

So basically we have member, enthusiast, and banned as groups as of 5 years ago and today. So this is a technical thing (again per the webmaster).

Not trying to make excuses, it is what it is. We have an in-person meeting this weekend, and at Daytona. This will be a topic of discussion, as, I side with you guys, you should be recognized as an owner (or past member), it's just do we want to spend money on those (and I'm not trying to be snarky, just stating facts) that aren't members. My vote is "yes" as it shows goodwill, that should result in memberships down the road when we start to prove our value...

As to the associate thing (as in you used to have a Viper, or you have a truck) this was looked at years ago, and it pissed current owners off. I think it's worthy of re-visiting...

Greg

Greg, I'm going to chime in on the RAM SRT-10. (I'm in that group) Please leave it off the table for now. The Viper Truck Club has started some formation and hopefully some time in the first quarter of 2014 we will be a real club. I think the only thing we as "Viper Truck" Owners are looking at and have been working on in the past few months is increasing our visibility. Not only with the Viper Clubs but also with SRT and Dodge. Our goal this year is to attend as many SRT events as we can and if possible attend a few Viper events that easily accommodate both platforms without making special provisions. if possible, we would also keep separate the responsibilities of the clubs.

I would hate to have the Viper Trucks be a distraction for what you are working on. It is by far, more important.

Humbly
Jeff

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I, for one, have always thought the SrtRams should be allowed
to join as full fledged members - physically the the only real
difference between them and the SRT coupe is trunk space.
Sure they might be a bit slower around a track, but I think
everyone can agree that they have no issues getting themselves
out of their own way.

Plus, now that production has ended, the worries of Dodge
expanding the model outwards have pretty much ended.

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silver04--
That's the type of post we really don't need anymore. Let's just discuss the Viper at this point or other positive constructive issues, as I really think that everything negative has already been said.--Dave

You're absolutely right too white...I will run all my posts by you in the future since you are the person that knows what "belongs" on this forum. BTW: What post were you talking about??????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper