Proud Enthusiast, former venom member

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bonkers.

You will be happy to hear, that the VCA has just decided to include Viper Trucks. All details still need to be worked out, but it looks like our family is going to become just a bit bigger.

More inclusive of "those guys with the big trunks :>)

Also, it looks like there will soon be 3 levels of designation. Member, Owner, Enthusiast.

Looks like the NEW VCA is listening to their membership.

Congratulations to all who have been pushing for these changes.

LadyCruzer

VCA Officer
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Bonkers.

You will be happy to hear, that the VCA has just decided to include Viper Trucks. All details still need to be worked out, but it looks like our family is going to become just a bit bigger.

More inclusive of "those guys with the big trunks :>)

Also, it looks like there will soon be 3 levels of designation. Member, Owner, Enthusiast.

Looks like the NEW VCA is listening to their membership.

Congratulations to all who have been pushing for these changes.

Actually, there is Viper Truck Poll in the members only section. The national board is wanting the membership to weigh in with their opinion . The members will be making the decision from what I understand.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I have posted contentious content here and in the Alley, (the latter banishing me for life) I don't have many options left and have resigned myself to being a cordial and hospitable member here at VCA. The VOA will never be an option for me. That being said, I consider myself a keen observer of human nature and have witnessed time and time again that no matter how homogenous a group of people seem to be...factions and tribes and clans inevitably emerge and trouble ensues. I'm all for expanding membership to Viper truck owners and see it as a good way (along with VPA) to vertically integrate our way out of the recent civil war. BUT, if the past is any indication of the future...one day, if the Viper truck owners felt even the slightest bit alienated...would flee in droves. Just food for thought.

Gustfront

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually, there is Viper Truck Poll in the members only section. The national board is wanting the membership to weigh in with their opinion . The members will be making the decision from what I understand.

Imagine that. New feeling for ya?. That's how it's supposed to work. Keep it up and this club will actually continue to improve.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
.........I'm all for expanding membership to Viper truck owners and see it as a good way (along with VPA) to vertically integrate our way out of the recent civil war. BUT, if the past is any indication of the future...one day, if the Viper truck owners felt even the slightest bit alienated...would flee in droves. Just food for thought.

I would submit.... Before Viper Truck owners can leave in droves, the VCA would have to earn their trust first. I agree that the past will have something to do with that. And even though the VCA is at no fault of the actions of the VOA, what happened there, I would bet would also play a part. I know if I read this as a Viper Owner, the BS flag would go up in an instant, why would Viper Owners need to earn anything and I agree, the feeling would be that Viper Truck owners would need to earn the trust of the Viper Owners. So what to do. I would suggest that in 2014, somehow get these two groups together at some events and see how it goes, build the relationship. You never know, the Viper Club of America and Viper Truck Club of America could be a driving force.

Vj
Yes, I'm optimistic

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R