Proud new owner of a 2002 GTS!!

mhp1280

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a proud new owner of a 2002 GTS! I have been learking here for about the last month and have decided to give my first post a shot.

My name is Matt and I am from the Kansas City, MO area. I have owned my GTS for about a month now and have loved every minute of it. This is my first Viper and from the very first time that I drove it I knew this car was made for me. I am not a VCA member yet but after speaking to a couple of the Kansas City area members I am pretty well hooked. So I look forward to making some appreances at some of the gatherings if I am ever home long enough to make it.

The GTS has about 28000 miles on it and is about as stock as they come. The only things that really need to be done are I need to put a new set of Pilot Sports on it and get all of the fluids changed out so I can start from a clean slate. I am open to suggestions on what everyone recommends for the best lubricants for a Viper.

Attachments

• 2002 GTS.jpg
    2002 GTS.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 85

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the car, best of luck with her and be careful if you need rubber, these things bite!!

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! Very nice looking car. Make sure you get Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tires put on asap. They are great tires for both wet and dry conditions for all around use. Drive safely and enjoy this great car.
PAVenomRT/10

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice looking Viper but an '02 with silver stripes?? Are they vinyl or did the previous have them painted on? Either way, it looks good.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what a lucky uy..Congrats on the dream car man..0-60 in 4.0...1/4 mile in 12.1...191 mph top speed...

You are a lucky guy indeed...Nice garage BTW

OP
OP
M

mhp1280

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice looking Viper but an '02 with silver stripes?? Are they vinyl or did the previous have them painted on? Either way, it looks good.

According to theviperregistry.com red with silver stripes was an option for 02. But of course I am still learning a lot about the viper and it options so I could be wrong.

Thanks for all the congrats. I look forward to getting to know the whole community.

Also in one of the previous replies some one said something about lowering the viper. Are you able to do that with the existing hardware or does it require something more extensive.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
According to theviperregistry.com red with silver stripes was an option for 02. But of course I am still learning a lot about the viper and it options so I could be wrong.

Thanks for all the congrats. I look forward to getting to know the whole community.

Also in one of the previous replies some one said something about lowering the viper. Are you able to do that with the existing hardware or does it require something more extensive.

360 2002 GTSs were Red/white stripes and called Final Editions. Only Red/white combination ever avail for the Gen 1 & 2 Vipers. All the other years are Red/Silver. My 2000 Viper ACR is Red/silver. Only the ACRs came with adjustable ride height $12,000 Koni or Dynamic Suspension double adjustable shocks. You can lower your GTS with Eibach springs or spring caps. JonB sells them.

I suggest that you also buy a Corsa and Hiflow cats so your car won't get the paint cooked off your side sills and the cabin of your car will be cooler and more comfortable. The stock exhaust sounds like "a UPS Truck" (I think many of the magazines called it that). The Gen 2 s are unique with their rear exit exhaust which allows a mellower tone from the length of the pipes. There is an "Official Exhaust" thread on here with many audio and video clips demonstating different sounds. Dodge did get the sound right in the Gen 4 but those are side exhaust. I have Corsa street and track exhaust with Hiflow Cats and No cats on my GTSs. K & N makes a reasonable cottong lifetime filter that won't matt up and plug up , in a humid climate and add a few hp. Another hp simple modification is smooth tubes. Original equipment on the ACRs the K & Ns with the smooth tubes increases the power output by 10bhp!

Congratulations, and have fun - after you replace the tires with PS2s. Go to your local road course and take a Hight Performance Driving Course - best mod you can make is to improve YOUR driving skills! :2tu:
Ted

V

Venomiss

Hi Matt it was great talking with you a while back.

Come to ******* on Monday night September 27th and meet some more of the KC bunch and our local KCVCA VP and tech Jerry Dobson might be there too.

The Grand caravan from Ohio will be there on their way to SLC and VOI 11.

OP
OP
M

mhp1280

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Matt it was great talking with you a while back.

Come to ******* on Monday night September 27th and meet some more of the KC bunch and our local KCVCA VP and tech Jerry Dobson might be there too.

The Grand caravan from Ohio will be there on their way to SLC and VOI 11.

I would love to be there but I will still be in Hawaii at that time. It never fails that I am always on the road when something good is going on back home. :(