ps2 tires

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am replacing my oe's after 9800 mi. on my 06 vert and ps2 seem to be the choice, I found them for 1628.00 shipped to my house anyone else find them for less? Does any change in wheel well clearance with the tires? any pictures?

Thanks and Happy New Year to all:)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PartsRack could absolutley beat that price IF -IF- IF we sold you the WRONG PS2. Be careful that your 'good-deal' vendor knows the different designations within the PS2 family in the Viper sizes.

The CORRECT tires with NO clearance or other issues would be a tad bit more ($12 ea?)

Or just use a VCA Vendor Sponsor that KNOWS what is correct and will stand behind it?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

{If PRICE is what matters most, we can do FOUR NEW KUMHOS in correct OE size for under $1275!}

OP
OP
S

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
price is not what ever matters with a viper it's what is going to give me the best ride. Im just a normal road warrior no track. I am will to buy them form whoever.

Thanks

Flying Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PartsRack could absolutley beat that price IF -IF- IF we sold you the WRONG PS2. Be careful that your 'good-deal' vendor knows the different designations within the PS2 family in the Viper sizes.

What do you mean the wrong PS2s? How many designations are there? And what would be the correct one?
Thanks

ViperDreams

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Kumhos yet? It's a new tire for the viper is it not?

The CORRECT tires with NO clearance or other issues would be a tad bit more ($12 ea?)

Or just use a VCA Vendor Sponsor that KNOWS what is correct and will stand behind it?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

{If PRICE is what matters most, we can do FOUR NEW KUMHOS in correct OE size for under $1275!}

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hamrhead is right. My 09 CTS-V came delivered with PS2s by all accounts a wonderful SUMMER tire. I then started hearing bad stories about driving them in cold (not snow or ice but cold) I then saw that Michelein was saying in their literature not to use them in below 38 degrees.

Still skeptical I called Michelin and sure enough they told me to change in Winter to another tire because in cold conditions they can crack and lose traction. They also said they would not last long driving in cold.

The PS2s on the Caddywere especially made for that car so there could be differences.

Grant

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've driven on PS2s (and PS Cups) in < 38F. They ****, but aren't dangerous as long as you're aware of the change in grip level.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What do you mean the wrong PS2s? How many designations are there? And what would be the correct one?
Thanks

I'm no expert, but the PS2 that is Viper specific is "C1":cool:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks

good idea to call and talk to JonB at PartsRack directly (and then tell us why & what you decided on)

his number is in his signature in case you missed it

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks

Thanks for the chat, you are now up to speed on the variations-options....

JonB

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude