PUFF of Smoke

GTS02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have noticed that when I get on the throtle ( always a rolling start ) and shift in the high 4's to 5200 the car runs great, and then when I slow way down and cruise to a stop sign and go again the car puffs smoke for a moment and then I never see it again unless I go and run up the rpm close to 5000 and stop. cruisin around town and on the frw. I never have an issue. So I was thinking I could rule out guide seals and rings. Any clues?? is the oil getting thru a bypass maybe??
:eek:

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like valve guide seals to me.Vacuum is real high on decel. Rings smoke under pressure or load as in heavy accel. Don't think 'd be too concerned if it wasn't too bad.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have the factory emmisions setup, there is a set of vacuum lines at the front of the intake that pulls a vacuum on the topside of the engine. When you engine brake or deaccelerate it pulls a very high vacuum and that oil based mixture is pulled directly into the intake. You would be shocked if you pulled the intake, in general it has a oily film throughout the runners.

OP
OP
G

GTS02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have the factory emmisions setup, there is a set of vacuum lines at the front of the intake that pulls a vacuum on the topside of the engine. When you engine brake or deaccelerate it pulls a very high vacuum and that oil based mixture is pulled directly into the intake. You would be shocked if you pulled the intake, in general it has a oily film throughout the runners.

Thanks, It did only smoke after I decelerated very quickly ( you are one smart guy(?))and still hasen't smoked since that one time.

:cool: