Purchase ? 2005 convertible

TrapperJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm considering looking at a 2005 convertible in North Miami FL. Asking price at a dealer is $ 59000. What should I look for in terms of problems for that year? I can afford a new one, but an older one might be fun to play with (s/c, turbos, etc.) What do think, new or almost new but lower power? I think the price is too high. Thanks for your advice in advance. John

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Use that one to see if it's really what you want, then shop around. There has been some good deals out there this pass year.

certs_210

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't help you with the GenIII / Gen IV decision, since I've only had my Gen III for a few months and have never driven a Gen IV. But I can tell you that asking price is very high. I bought my 2005 Commemorative a few months ago, 10k miles, Gen IV hood and flawless inside/out for mid 40ish. When I was looking, I found that dealers with used cars in Florida and California had the highest prices and weren't willing to deal.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can def. find one cheaper right now. About 10k grand cheaper and you can get a 06 coupe for high 40s. I think the minor problems with the SRTs were in 03s.
There is a dealer in florida selling a 06 black/silver couple with 18k for 47k. Its on autotrader. you can pick up a 05 convert. with minor mods like exhaust, wheels, etc for high 40s.

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As others have said, price is about 10-12K too high. You can probably get an '06 for around $45-49K

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive up to Fort Lauderdale and look at my 2004 Supercharged SRT/10. It is in the classifieds and 51K will buy it. You can also take my 2008 for spin so you can experience the difference.