Purner Wheels

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you get 18's, have him(John) build them the same size (18x12or13) so you can rotate around. My 17x12's are that way, plus you get better turn in's and less push with the front now as wide as the back.These wheels are lighter and priced a whole lot better, lot like BBS wheels. Dave

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by racecars:
If you get 18's, have him(John) build them the same size (18x12or13) so you can rotate around. My 17x12's are that way, plus you get better turn in's and less push with the front now as wide as the back.These wheels are lighter and priced a whole lot better, lot like BBS wheels. Dave

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me see if I understand this. You're suggesting get either 4 18x12 or 4 18x13 rims. Interesting. I'm looking at a set for the track and have heard 18's on front and 17's on the rear but I think your idea makes sense. If you can rotate the tires it would help with wear.

Now for my question(s).

Would the 18x13's fit on my 1994 RT? (I'm pretty sure they would)
Would the 18/335/35's fit?
What would be the best setup for tires in everyone's opinion.

OP
OP
D

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use 17x12,335-35x17's all the way around, I haven't measured if the fronts and rear are the same width but the fronts fill the wheels well and come out even with the fender (looking straight down). I'll be at Willow on Fri test day before Viper days.
smile.gif
Oh, just call John at CCW and he will let you know the right back spacing and what will work on the early cars.

Bruce Donaldson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way John Purner makes 'em, they're half the weight of stock wheels and three times as strong as other aftermarket wheels available for the Viper (read: less unsprung weight which allows more opportunity for traction and less inertial mass to overcome which translates to faster acceleration.) That's why over 90% of Viper road racers use 'em.

I have a set of four (4) 18 x 12.5's if you want 'em. They're good for 305 or 315 or 335 width tires. Or 11.5 or 12 x 25.5 x 18 Goodyear slicks (which are the hot setup.) See VCA classified's if you are intersted.

Bruce (waiting for my Comp. Coupe!)

motomike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering getting a second set of wheels for my car for driving events. Anyone run 18" Purner wheels? What's your opinion of the wheels? How do they compare to others like BBS, Kinesis, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc