Putting viper in summer storage

k4site

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well today the temps are in the 80's and I have found out what it is like to take a sauna while driving. I live in Phoenix and this is the first high 80 degree day this year. When I purchased my viper it was last winter and did not realize the amount of heat generated by the enigine and exhaust. I went on this board and was made aware of the cockpit heating problems. But had no idea of the extreme heating problems caused by a 80 degree day. I know that I can solve these problems by paying someone to alter the exhaust but this makes the car modified. I think that DC should be liable for a problem and that they should either fix it or refund my purchase price. Has anyone been able to have DC fix the heating problems or get their money refunded. The car is a 06 roadster with 1700 miles on it and this is just the start to summer

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should really buy a vette, because even with a new exhaust you will still have some heat. Try turning on the A/C.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gotta be kidding. I have an 06 and have driven it when the temp is 100 degrees and in The Chesapeake Bay Basin that is HUMID heat. At least yours is dry heat. Even with the top down and the air on it is bearable even at those temps if you keep rolling, keep the windows rolled up and more of the ac stays inside the cabin even with the top down. Make sure you have the ac vents blowing on you and aimed right. If it gets too bad put the top up and crank the air up. Hard to believe you could not live with it 80 degrees in that top up configuration.
I really would have someone else with that model ride in the car with you to see if any thing is abnormal, maybe you have an exhaust leak under the car. But if nothing is out of whack that car should be cool and comfy moving along with the ac on in 80 degree dry heat with the top down.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Putting viper in summer storage *DELETED*

You should really buy a vette, because even with a new exhaust you will still have some heat. Try turning on the A/C.

a VETTE tage? i am recommending a toyota camry. MUCH COOLER cockpit than a viper or a vette.

i really hate to see you suffer K4. let me take it off your hands for say, $20,000?

:D

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes Vipers run hot, but come on. At VOI 9 it was 105 air temp and who knows what the track temp was as we blasted repeatedly down the quarter. DC shame on you for making this car and allowing me to drive it. It was hot outside and my Mozart was ruined by that awful staccato of the exhaust pipes. I want my money for VOI back and a full refund on my car! Sorry, but I really don't think your going to get much agreement here.

N

Nobody

k4 is either *** or a **** ..who else wines about this crap anyway

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just swap out the stock cats with high flow cats. There is no downside. The sills are notably cooler, and you get a little more power in the trade, and can still pass smog testing. It only costs a couple hundred dollars installed, and the AC can easily keep the car cool afterwards. I think that even the people who would normally be sticklers about keeping a car factory stock will have no problem with adding high flow cats as they make the car run better, cooler, and won't affect the warranty. Next up from that is removing the exhaust crossover.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Gotta echo Lee here. I think you just had a bad day bro. Truly isn't so bad you notice.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Send it to Delaware. I have a big garage and I will drive it all summer. It will be happy next to my RT/10. By the way, the RT/10 is a raodster, your 06 is a convertable.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The first summer I had my car it was a struggle to keep the cabin cool on a hot day even with the A/C on. Halfway thru the second summer, I discovered the proper way to use the A/C and how to put it in recirculating mode (the 2 positions on the far left of the knob). The difference was like night and day. It still ***** having to drive with the top up.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can I return it to DC or should I contact an attorney?

Don't know if that's such a wise thing with Johnny already working overtime on your avatar case, you might want to hire a second one ;)

TRAMP 13

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ok my time my 2003 is going on 4years now and now I feel like I can vent my thought also, I have try getting the 220 that it shows,even going down hill,can I sue also, seem like a class action suit.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is that a real post or does someone on the list have a twisted sense of humor?

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Imagine hanging out K4. It would be like having another A...... I will leave that to the imagination.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is 89 degrees in Lake Havasu today, the top is down on my viper, and there are no heat issues. I am sure if you are stopped in traffic the car may get a little warm but that is the nature of the car...if it is unacceptable ....maybe you should look into trading your car for something else.

Whitebeard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dude, never post while stoned, drunk or after several hours of sleep deprivation....

You have to be kidding me.......Get over it, or get out of the car....

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys stop being so ******* him!!!!! Menopause is not an enjoyable condition!

I called my grandma for you K4 and she said to remove the panies and drink plenty of water on those days over 60F and if it's over 75F flush your head in the toilet for 20 min. and you'll be ready to go

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey...I got a great idea!

If your car is red. Let me know maybe I can buy it from you so you don't have to worry about putting it in storage. Seriously.

Let me know how much you want for it.

Well today the temps are in the 80's and I have found out what it is like to take a sauna while driving. I live in Phoenix and this is the first high 80 degree day this year. When I purchased my viper it was last winter and did not realize the amount of heat generated by the enigine and exhaust. I went on this board and was made aware of the cockpit heating problems. But had no idea of the extreme heating problems caused by a 80 degree day. I know that I can solve these problems by paying someone to alter the exhaust but this makes the car modified. I think that DC should be liable for a problem and that they should either fix it or refund my purchase price. Has anyone been able to have DC fix the heating problems or get their money refunded. The car is a 06 roadster with 1700 miles on it and this is just the start to summer

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I was out driving today while trying to cool off about my missing cup holder. I went to set cruise control when i was at 140mph and....my car doesnt have cruise control!!!!! :evilmad: :curse: I called into work and took tomorrow off so I can get rid of this sled and go Corvette shopping :nana: I suggest everyone do the same! :bonker:

:D :D

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:eek: I live in Houston where it's hot/humid, but still think it's more than bearable. Please check and see if your a/c vents are open. That seems to be a common oversight from the factory. Kidding...just messin' with 'ya. Really, it's a great car for the money. Enjoy! :2tu: