Question and Advice regarding intermittent wipers

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy. I had no wipers at all, cured by replacing the driver's wiper motor. Following the service manual diagnosis, it first led me to get a replacement wiper control module. Replacing the module didn't fix it, but once I replaced the wiper motor, all seemed fine.

Unfortunately the intermittent feature does not work. Wash, low, high are functioning, but delay does not. The wiper control switch test is good, neither the original or replacement wiper control module makes a difference, and all wire continuity tests are good. Since the wipers work, I assume that the park and moving sensors are good - the blades are not hitting each other and park fine.

I discovered the wire connector position "A" and "G" are reversed in the 1994 service manual. In the diagnosis section 8K, the positions are reversed and incorrect. In the wiring diagram section 8W, they seem to be correct - at least when I do the tests, the successful results correspond to the wiring diagram in 8W.

Anyway, I am at a loss to understand why the delay feature doesn't work and if anyone has any comments at all, I am desperate enough to try it. Again, the switch seems OK, two modules don't change the performance, and both wipers work in all other conditions. I need to be able to drive in light rain, Dave.

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96