2005 Wiper arm - change?

ayjayef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all!
Great forum and my first post (possibly first of many).

I bought a 2005 Viper two days ago and it needs wiper blades.

Read a great thread here on Wiper blades and have just ordered a pair from Rockauto and will also attempt a super glue on the old set (neat idea).

I'm in Australia so the expensive Mopar wiper blades are crack money with freight and taxes.

Has anyone changed the Wiper Arms to something that will take a more common wiper blade?

Andy.

Old School

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone changed the Wiper Arms to something that will take a more common wiper blade?
I'm taking a slightly different approach. I bought a spare set of Viper wiper arms and a set for something else with the common shepperd's hook blade attachment. Going to cut and weld.

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They sale just the rubber on a lot of cars. You just reuse the blade assembly and replace the rubber wiper part.

OP
OP
ayjayef

ayjayef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I've bought a new set of stock ones and will try and replace the rubber on the old ones as @ViperDad mentioned in this post. I'm heading to a local auto store at lunchtime to see if I can find the right width and something with a nice flat back.

I'm yet to see how easy it is to remove the old ones off the spring base, these are well stuck-on and hopefully some heat is enough to get it moving.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Never would have thought about trying to change the arms out. That makes quite a bit of sense, though I think it would probably be tough to find anything that would be a drop in replacement. Welding a set together seems like a reasonable idea though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala