Question for those of you who bought used

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me...I wasn't a fan of yellow but when I saw pics of the Viper it said "Buy me now" so I did sight unseen. :2tu:

Interesting.....:hmmm:

Wonder if here is some kind of secret yellow voodoo curse thing CAAP was doing to the yellow cars at the same time they were supertuning the V10's. The curse would make the yellow cars unresistable even to non yellow folk.:D:D

Anyone who resisted this curse would be stuck with boring red cars.:lmao:

Just a thought......:rolleyes:

Robert

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting.....:hmmm:

Wonder if here is some kind of secret yellow voodoo curse thing CAAP was doing to the yellow cars at the same time they were supertuning the V10's. The curse would make the yellow cars unresistable even to non yellow folk.:D:D

Anyone who resisted this curse would be stuck with boring red cars.:lmao:

Just a thought......:rolleyes:

Robert

Race Yellow is a powerful color...I wasn't a big fan of the SRT body style until I saw a yellow SRT up close...now I want one. :D

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. That is wierd!:omg: That was my thought too! Really like the yellow/black SRT as much as I like the gen 2's. They are HOT!:headbang:

Really would LOVE a 09 bumble bee ACR though.......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D That would be one good looking car!:)

Robert

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked the color I wanted---yellow, tan interior and at the time only available in 94-95. Found one in San Diego, bought it on the spot and had it shipped to Atlanta. Price was fair and during the test drive all the folks looking at it swayed me just a lil. After a eight great no problem years, no windows or door locks were a little bit of a problem, so I traded it for an 06 (when the prices were high)

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a bit like asking someone with multiple children - which is their favorite... :omg:

Advantage of 2006 vs. 2003 - you can get a coupe - I have personally prefer coupes these days. Slate is a 2006 color that is rare.

There is a base performance difference straight from the factory on Gen 1 vs. Gen 2 vs. Gen 3 vs. Gen 4.

2006 is the last year that is drive by wire.

I remember when we had our 2004 and went to the local monthly VCA meeting (we were the only Gen 3) - let's just say it was a dyno day and afterwards there were many more gen 3's.

Either way be sure to call Ben Keating - site sponsor at Tomball - he will help set you up and take great care of you. He lives, breaths and races (quite well!) Vipers and is a straight shooter. There is nothing he likes better than making someone a Viper Driver. If you need his direct line let me know. I can assure you - once you own a Viper you will never be the same and everyone will wonder why you smile so much!

:drive:
ViperGal

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to say it but mine came down to money. I originally looked at the rarity factor and was considering a '96 RT/10 white/blue since they were listed as fairly rare and collectible. After consulting the boards here I found a fantastic deal on my silver/blue GTS. The color combo is gorgeous, no one actually dislikes the combo and it is pretty rare. It's a gen II with more features than the Gen I and more hp. It still has the forged pistons, so upgrades could be done with no worries. Bottom line, at the time it was an easy decision. I would say just look around and when the right deal comes you will know it.