Question Please

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a 2006 viper that is one of 16 VOI versions. It has a "Ninth Viper Owners Invitaitional" on its sides. Did they make a special edition for each year that there was a Viper Owners Invitational?

OP
OP
D

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did try a search but did not get any resluts. I am positive its the operator who can not figure out how to search for more than one word.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There were 100 VOI-9 cars built and of those only around 15-16 had wings and splitters done by Prefix ( one was the Raffle car ). There were also 9 cars done with Arrow Racing Engines , and the true cars are documented by Dodge and Arrow -- there are reports of a few phonies out there. The correct cars have a small decal denoting the Arrow upgrade. This was offered to buyers at the time of sale , but few were sure of the content and were hesitant. These rare cars , which essentially had the recipe for the Comp Coupe motors , only pop up occassionally. There are also only around 12-16 with the H spoke rims, as 5 spokes were a bit low at the time and hence a few of the cars ended up with this popular rim.

There have been other VOI cars done, though not every year. The other year often remembered is the ones done for the party in Dallas --- bright yellow with chrome black rims. There were only 50 of these done, and if I remember correctly our past National President, Chris Marshall, has number 50 of 50.

Again , for the VOI-10 , a car was done in Silver, and this model also numbered 100 copies.

VOI-11 did not have a specific car for the Invitational , but common wisdom felt it would be diluted with the Final Edition coming out late in the build schedule.:drive:

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dad's Toy,

This car is different from the one we have. There are a few minor inaccuracies as not all of these cars were delivered in Las Vegas. The wing and splitter idea was one conceived by Woodhouse after the raffle car was shown. Prefix worked with us and we ended up with 10 of the cars. Not all of them went to Vegas for pickup, so a minor issue , but one that has some relevance later. If I remember correctly there were one or two that did not get the commemorative plaques, as they were not at VOI and I was unable to get extras.

The vehicle we have is one of the super rare Arrow Racing Engine Factory upgrades. There were only 9 of these done and they can be noted as they have an Arrow Racing decal on the car --usually on the rear bumper. The car was supposedly putting out over 550hp, and therefore it is the odd motor between the 510hp Gen IIIs and the 600hp Gen IVs.

Both are exceptional examples of a thought process that began at Dodge to make more exciting models and editions of the Viper.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala