Question - Side exhaust for Gen II - Has anyone done this?

Kevin Stitely

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been thinking about converting my 99' RT/10 rear exhaust to side exhaust. My end goal is to achieve a similar look and feel as the Gen III. My thought process is the following:

1. Use the existing side sills. Make minor fabrication adjustments to custom fit the exhaust holes or search the after market to see if something exist.

2. Cover the existing rear exit with a blank after market filler panel.

3. Modify the existing CORSA Cat Back to exit through the side sills.

Has anyone done this? If so, please reply with your thoughts, estimated costs, and photo's, source of after market parts, etc.

You can also contact me at [email protected]

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FLX109, your car and exchaust is bad asp, I am trying to find some Gen 1 sills to do same on my 97 GTS. Any ideas or sources to find piece to fill in hole left by removing old rear exit exchaust system.. thanks, Rick

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rick,
I got the filler panel from autoform, comes all painted to your specs, here is a link: http://www.autoformgroup.com/sales.html
I do have another set of GenI side sills that are being painted blue, was a spare set, I might sell them, I can let you know if I decide to sell unless you already have some, here are some pictures with the insert installed:
4168insert-med.jpg
4168clambake_13_1-med.jpg
4168clambake_20_-med.jpg

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the look, but after 4 years I've gone back to rear exhaust. Extra noise just wears you out after a while.

137DSC00331-med.JPG

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love the look, but after 4 years I've gone back to rear exhaust. Extra noise just wears you out after a while.

137DSC00331-med.JPG
do you still have you side sills for the side exhaust? they are aeven the right color!!

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Eric,

Yes, I do have the side exhaust sills. They are in reasonable shape, no dents - that I recall anyway. They do have ~20000 miles normal wear and some yellowing so they are not really ready to just bolt on...

If interested, I'll go take some high res pictures for you.

Joe

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah please do. and PM me what you'd want for them, or I could trade you for a nice set of stock silver side's and pay for shipping :-D

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Eric,

I've already put my stock side sills back on. And I don't mean to sound presumptuous, but were I you, I'd keep my Gen II sills. If memory serves, they list for ~3600 EACH and the Gen I pieces were close to 18-1900 ea.

I'll e-mail you tonight with pics.

Anyone care to comment on fair market value? No Viper taxes...

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Evening Eric,

Sent you an e-mail with pictures. Also loaded the pic to my gallery on this site.

With the flash, the pics look a little "off", but they are a perfect macth to stock Viper silver. I'd be more than happy to provide a couple of local VCA contacts if you wanted some one to look at them for you.

137DSC00068-med.JPG

137DSC00066-med.JPG