Quiet power: 680 RWHP, 611 RWTQ, and no noise!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, those of you who know me know that I can't leave well enough alone. In preparation for this season's racing events, I sent our '03 SRT/10 down to Dan Cragin for a little track prep. Nothing serious, just a roll bar, an oil change, a safety once-over... and a Paxton S/C kit. My conditions were: it must keep the stock exhaust and noise level, it must be as driveable as stock, and it must pass a sniffer test. Well, no surprise: Dan & company delivered - in spades!

I just got the dyno sheet back from Dan - our '03 SRT/10 now puts down 680 RWHP and 611 RWTQ SAE on his dynojet dyno (vs 438 RWHP with heads and K&N intake - his dyno's pretty conservative), with bone stock headers, cats & exhaust! It drives and sounds like a stocker, yet puts out 50% more power -- just the thing for surprising the odd Z06 or Supra which crosses my path :D

The car will be back Wednesday, and I'll have more pics & driving impressions at that point. The season's first grudge night at the local dragstrip is April 16th - I can hardly wait!!

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice numbers. How long will you keep us in suspense regarding what else was done besides the Paxton???? I really like the quiet part.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
April 16th is Grudge Night at Sacramento Raceway. I've already got some races lined up :)

Is your roll bar NHRA legal? If not, you're going to get into a bit of trouble over your times, I think.

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No suspense intended - the complete list of mods on the car are:

DC Performance stage 1 heads
Paxton S/C kit (installed by DC performance)
Custom tune for Paxton kit (also DC performance)
Welded-in roll bar (through DC performance)
3.55 rear gears (installed by Valaya racing)
Line Lock (ditto)
Comp Coupe pressure plate with stock clutch (also Valaya)
TeamTech 5-point driver's side restraints (ditto)
CCW 18x13 rear wheels with 345/30-18 BFG g-force Drag radials

.. and that's it!

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey treynor, are you going to call up that WRX that you raced last year? I remember the video, very good race. Best of luck this year.

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That WRX STi is one of the races I have lined up for 4/16 :D He's now got a built motor and a bigger turbo. It should be entertaining!

DB/Paxton SRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your stage 1 heads must be good for an 30 hp and 20 lb-ft torque. That is the difference between your dyno numbers and the output on my car with the Paxton and stock heads on the same dyno.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just when I thought I was catching up, you raise the bar. :eek: Once again.

Seriously, I'm looking forward to seeing your revised SRT-10 run at Sac Raceway. :2tu:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
With the BFG's, you may want to contact Unitax for their new half shaft loops. This is something I'm planning to add to my car as well.

Did you need to relocate the emergency brake hardware to fit the CCW's?

Keep us posted on your times.

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding the CCWs, I used a dremel to machine down the E-brake bracket slightly, and Purner supplied a small spacer for use with the wheels.

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ye Olde before & after dyno chart. Note that on Dan's dyno, our heads+intake SRT/10 -- which ran 11.6 @ 122 *before* the mods -- makes only 437 RWHP. I suspect on a different dyno this car would be slapping down a 700 RWHP pass.

Also, these runs were done from 1000 to 6200 RPM. The system pulls clean from off idle, which is really nice for streetability!

You must be registered for see images

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headers would help the TQ keep up with HP...I wonder why you're keeping stock headers, any reason ?

vegas guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben,
I live in San Mateo and drive a Red 03 SRT-10. Thinking about an S/C any chance I could check out your install.

Thanks
Dave

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
680RWHP and 611 RWTQ and still as quiet as an ant ******* on cotton!!!!

gotta love it

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ben,
Thanks for your post about your car, we are anxious to see how you do at the drag strip. The neat thing about your car is that it is Smog legal by the letter of the law and makes close to 800hp.

For those interested, Ben's engine is stock except for a minor street port job done during his intake valve recall.
He is running the production Paxton supercharger kit with some minor tuning to optimize his package. It runs through the stock cats and exhaust.

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan - thanks again for all the work your team did. CW's delivering the car this morning, and as you can imagine I'm like a kid on Christmas eve :) The dragstrip date is 4/16 (weather permitting) and I expect I'll see some solid 10s.

NB: from the dyno chart, looks like I run out of 4th gear right around 133 MPH, which is roughly where the car should trap out in the 1/4. 3.55 seems to be perfect 1/4 mile gearing at this power level.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think I have ever seen a setup like this.

Dan and his team did an awesome job on this one.

CONGRADS TO BEN AND D.C.

keep us posted on 1/4 mile times.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang