Race-Gas (Race Fuel Concentrate)

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey gang,

While watching Power Block Nation on TV a few weeks ago, it showed a brief segment on a new product called Race-Gas.

It is advertised as a race fuel concentrate that, when blended correctly with pump gas, can raise the octane number up to 105 octane.

From looking at the website, it seems promising and the science behind it sounds logical and rational....but I'm not a chemist or fuel expert :dunno:

I'm thinking about trying it at my next track day in May and blending it with 93 pump gas to achieve 101 octane.

Has anyone heard of or used this product?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What mods do have you done to your Ride. If none your wasting your money...

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Octane rating is only a measure of resistance to detonation. if you have no spark knock or pinging higher octane will do no good at all.

OP
OP
T

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What mods do have you done to your Ride. If none your wasting your money...

Belanger headers & exhaust with a Mopar race PCM......I suspected a custom tune would be needed in order to get any tangible benefit from it.

Thanks Frank :2tu:

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
OK, for us that are unfamiliar with MMT, what are the side effects it has on the fuel system?

Dave1968

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the internet, sweating and constipation. lol. Sry Jeff I couldn't resist. I'm going to try and find out.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
According to the internet, sweating and constipation
:lmao:

Thank You Sir

The following tells me what I was curious about.

Gasoline containing MMT leaves significant red-orange deposits on spark plugs, catalytic converters, oxygen sensors and combustion chamber walls.

The auto manufacturers have expressed concerns about shortened catalyst, oxygen sensor, and spark plug life and interference with the performance of the new on-board diagnostic system (OBD; see Chapter 5, Gasoline Engines). The auto industry conducted a large vehicle test of MMT that showed increased exhaust hydrocarbon emissions and increases in other emissions in some vehicles at high mileages in vehicles designed to meet low-emission limits. There have been reports of plugging in high-density honeycomb (brick) catalyst systems with MMT.

Some new vehicle owner’s manuals recommend against using gasoline containing MMT. Very little MMT is being used in U.S. gasoline at this time (2003). The controversy over MMT continues.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R