RACING SOLUTIONS SETS NEW WORLD RECORD 9.56 @150.7!!!..

Gerald Cashiola

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello fellow Viper club member. My name is Gerald Cashiola and I have been a VCA member for just over a year and since that time, I have become an avid Viper enthusiast. Being a successful businessman in the Automotive Industry for over 30 years, I decided 3 months ago to assemble a team to form Racing Solutions Inc which is headed up by Jason Calzada formally of HMS, Joe Honeycutt formally of Lingenfelter and Hennessey Motorsports and Paul Wong formally of MTI. With the Help of Jeff Naiser of Naiser Racing Components, tonight we accomplished our goal of building the quickest viper in the world. I am proud to announce we ran a 9.56 and 150.7 MPH with our RSI 700 package and set a New world record for the quickest E.T. of any viper ever to run on a drag strip. This world record was achieved with a viper that could have been easily driven to the track (full interior, stock weight, A/C, stereo,etc). For additional information about RSI please check out our website at racingsolutionsinc.com or feel free to email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

Special thanks goes out to SW for being the best and helping us achieve our goal. I would once again like to thank Jason, Joe and Paul of Racing Solutions and Jeff Naiser of Naiser Racing Components.

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to thank Gerald for letting me beat on his car and providing me with a very fast and consistant Viper. We ran this car at VOI and I broke the rear end on test and tune night. On Wed.(drag day), we borrowed the rear end and stock half shafts from Prashant's car. I only got one pass with it and left easy and ran a 10.1@148. Last week we went to River City and ran 9.8,9.7,9.7 and 9.8. RSI has built a very consistant car and tonight I managed a 9.71 first pass, 9.67 and a [email protected]. There are some 9.40's in it, maybe next week...

SW
You must be registered for see images

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congradulations!!

can we have some details on the car? some of us are not yet familiar with the different racing solutions performance packages...

- eddie -

OP
OP
G

Gerald Cashiola

Suspended
Reaction score
The car is a 506 stocker motor with custom CNC heads along with RSI headers & Exchaust, RSI air induction with our direct port Nitrous System. Please check our web site for more Infomations or call us at 281-752-9600. Thanks for the reply Gerald Cashiola

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by geraldt:
The car is a 506 stocker motor with custom CNC heads along with RSI headers & Exchaust, RSI air induction with our direct port Nitrous System. Please check our web site for more Infomations or call us at 281-752-9600. Thanks for the reply Gerald Cashiola

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks!!

i'm still in awe of the time.. SW must have more 9 second runs in different street cars than anyone else in the country..

one more question.. has the car been on the dyno yet?

- eddie -

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Would like to congradulate Jason, Joe and Paul for putting in the time to building that Viper right!
I was at the track and did get a Video of the run I just need some help getting it from tape on to this board. email if you can help me out!

Eddie its racingsolutionsinc.com

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's late and I couldn't go to sleep without thanking the guys at RSI who put this car together, Jason, Joe and Paul. These guys are great. Everytime I say, I need this, change that whatever, they take care of it. I never have to worry about anything except driving. To say these guys are dedicated is a understatement. It's not all about the dyno number, it's about building a car that will stay together be consistant and not have to work on it after every pass. I was still having traction problems, and I know there is more in it. Thanks again guys.

SW

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gents -- congratulations all around, those are awesome ETs and MPHs! The RSI car was impressive even at VOI7, and I'm not surprised that with a bit of additional fine-tuning you've set the new benchmark for a V10 Viper in the 1/4 mile.

alexWS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats! i cant wait to see the video. are there any pictures of this beast??

OP
OP
G

Gerald Cashiola

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck & Alex. Some supension work was done... The pictures and Video will be on the web site soon. They have been sent to my webmaster.. Hopefully, he will have it up in a few days. WWW. racingsolutionsinc.com Gerald

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by geraldt:
Some supension work was done.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's key ain't it? There are lotsa 700hp+ Vipers in the low tens. Seems to me the trick to 9s is to give up some road handling.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AMAZING RUN!!!!!!!!!! COngrats to all Involved. It's great to see super fast VIPERS!

SW Great Driving. When I come down at the end of the month, You are going to drive my car to unlock it's potential.

Great Car GeraldT

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SW:
There are some 9.40's in it

SW
You must be registered for see images

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SW,
You must be looking at that 60' number. You've got a few hundreds right there.

Way to go Gerald! I knew you could do it if you wanted to.

And Chuck, I bet he's a few hundred hp above 700
wink.gif

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!A BIG CONGRATS TO OUR HOUSTON HOME TOWN BOY GERALD CASHIOLA AND THE CREW AT R.S.I.BIG KUDOS TO S.W. THE WORLDS FASTEST VIPER DRIVER.HOPEFULLY THIS NEW RECORD WILL LAST A LONG TIME.NORM KOERNER-CAR GUY
bounce.gif

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cool thing was it looked so effortless. It was still light out when the timing tower read of 9.56/150.7 so the heat of the Texas day still hung in the air, what the car could do in cooler air is an interesting thought. There are 9.40's in it for sure and like Gerald said this is with the full factory weight of A/C, stereo, interior etc. Congrats to the Racing Solutions team and S.W. for setting the new benchmark. If this is how these guys start out you have to wonder what else they have up their sleeves.

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Supercharged Vipers:
Excellent way to make a Grand Entrance!

Congrats to ALL of you guys for a job well done.

- SW, If it's capable of nines, you will run nines
smile.gif

Question SW: Did it feel like a record run on that pass?

Regards,
Doug

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Doug, no it didn't feel like a record run. There are a few more changes we need to make and I know it will run faster.

SW

Dave Golder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Gerald, Jason and Joe. SW you da man! Great job guys. That will turn some heads!

Congrats again!

Dave

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to the texas Dawgs the viper nation's got street legal bragging rights.LQQKOUT 10.5"tire NHRA OUTLAW
cool.gif

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOOFAST you should move down to TEXAS, we love to have you join us.

this Wendsday the 2 quickest Vipers will be tryin to lay it down once again at RCR..story to follow

Black Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could someone please send me a PM or post up the details about what time you plan to be at RCR, because I would love to see this in person. Thanks!

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Prashant:
TOOFAST you should move down to TEXAS, we love to have you join us.

this Wendsday the 2 quickest Vipers will be tryin to lay it down once again at RCR..story to follow

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please keep us up to date with this awesome car!!

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald
Not bad at all, not bad ever. Someone needs to put that SW in a closet so the rest of us can have a chance.

I am going to make one or two last passes after we up the pill and then into the shop it goes. The other yellow Houston Viper will be close behind and maybe closer than that.

Congrats and keep up the good work.

Bullet488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to RSI and SW! Definitely an extremely impressive number considering the new push in unlimited cars. It's great to see a high-powered car USE all that horsepower.

IMHO, driving is the main factor in realizing the potential of a 800+hp viper. Suspension work pretty much limited to removing the swaybar and a set of adjustable shocks. Finesse and ability make the difference between all these HIGH horsepower dyno queens and the elusive 9-second timeslips, not magic race-setup mojo. Drive it like your average drag car and you'll only get broken parts and slow et's. Definitely a credit to SW's skills.

Hopefully this will fire up the competition and we can all raise the bar. Congrats and I'll look forward to seeing that monster at the next viper drag event.
Scott W

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang