Radar on LIE?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday, Monday (Memorial Day) I was traveling on the LIE for a long drive. For a good 12 miles, somewhere heading east after exit 48, my V1 was showing 2-5 detections without stop. I can't recall that ever before, especially for over 10 minutes of driving. Solid detection.

After that, it seemed to be acting normally, including the ride back on the LIE past the same area.

Is my detector in need of a repair, or can the LIE have that much radar (or microwave) activity over such a great distance?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know nothing about that road, but I have been on some of the local Interstates here and had the same thing happen. I attributed that to rolling PD out of my line of sight, as I am familiar enough with those roads to know that ain't normal garbage interference.

How do you know there was no PD in front of or behind you?

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know nothing about that road, but I have been on some of the local Interstates here and had the same thing happen. I attributed that to rolling PD out of my line of sight, as I am familiar enough with those roads to know that ain't normal garbage interference.

How do you know there was no PD in front of or behind you?

I don't and you could be right. But that would be a first time occurrence for such a long time. We're talking for a good 10 minutes straight. Most of the rolling patrols are either traveling at a relatively high rate of speed or they'll go 3-4 exits and leave. I was also getting not one, but 4, 5 or 6 detections at once, which was pretty unusual. :dunno:

FYI Dave, the Long Island Expressway is the major east/west highway from NYC to about three quarters of the way out east towards Montauk Point at the end of Long Island. 4 lanes in each direction. Probably one of the more heavily traveled roadways in the US.

Last edited:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the newer cars with lane drift sensors can screw with your radar detector. They check for cars beside you, and give you a warning if you attempt to switch into another lane that already has a car there.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry Scott you will not get a ticket for speeding:drive:...........

You need to brake the speed limit first:lmao:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that I was behind plum with my laser jammer on, and that caused HIS V1 to constantly go off. Just another possibility here. (I NOW know when driving BEHIND Plum...TURN OFF the detectors, lol...as of course, I'd NEVER be AHEAD of him! ;)) ~juli

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry Scott you will not get a ticket for speeding:drive:...........

You need to brake the speed limit first:lmao:

Sometimes I have to wonder how I manage to walk into these set ups for BAZ so often. His comedic career would be NOTHING without me!

I know that I was behind plum with my laser jammer on, and that caused HIS V1 to constantly go off. Just another possibility here. (I NOW know when driving BEHIND Plum...TURN OFF the detectors, lol...as of course, I'd NEVER be AHEAD of him! ;)) ~juli

The mad Doc also has one of those jammers and it's done the same to me (my V1). Spent a great deal of time avoiding him on a few long trips as a result. Quite annoying actually.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes I have to wonder how I manage to walk into these set ups for BAZ so often. His comedic career would be NOTHING without me!
The mad Doc also has one of those jammers and it's done the same to me (my V1). Spent a great deal of time avoiding him on a few long trips as a result. Quite annoying actually.

Baz IS quite the comedian, isn't he??? :2tu: :rolaugh:

Yes, we learned kind of LATE that it was my laser jammer causing Phil's V1 to keep going off...otherwise, naturally I'd have PULLED the thing OFF...yes, it was annoying (apparently...lol...not for ME of course~~~;)) I'm sure he was swearing left and right in his car...but not to me! :lmao: ~juli

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my V1 goes off too often on Laser. Doesn't that wake you up hahaha. I looked in the manual and it says taillights on old GM pickups do that. We have our share of them around here, but not too many of them fancy lane warning cars.

And tell our comedian Baz that it's break the speed limit... ;)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my V1 goes off too often on Laser. Doesn't that wake you up hahaha. I looked in the manual and it says taillights on old GM pickups do that. We have our share of them around here, but not too many of them fancy lane warning cars.

And tell our comedian Baz that it's break the speed limit... ;)

Our comedian Baz does not need spell-check, he MEANT BRAKE...:rolaugh::lmao:!!!
~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ban me? I'm like Neo and I know where the Keymaster lives. I'm your back door man!!! :lmao:
Sorry Lee. It's just me and Juli again. :rolleyes:

Why you apologizing to LEE, it's CITY's thread...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...BAN DAVE!!!
(Jim Morrison is my "Back Door Man" :2tu:)
~juli

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here I thought Juli was the teacher and not Dave? Will you two numbnutses make up your mind already??
Scott, quit bitchin' about those tires already and let 'em rip more often :eater:... at least you can CHOOSE to replace either the fronts or rears when they finally ARE getting thin. Me I need to rotate my wheels every 6 months and cough up another €500 to €600 when profile is not making it through inspection anymore.
Speaking about inspection, is there anyone with Distant-View on here who can recommend a reputable replacement for my trusted dealership that went under not too long ago?? I need inspection before June 9th or our "lovely" government is sending me a fine.. that's right a FINE.. if my car doesn't have it before that date :smirk: