Radiator, oil cooler, and front fascia damaged from animal, need help

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hit some kind of animal on the interstate the other day and it did some damage to my front end. The oil cooler is bent and leaking oil from the copper pipe fitting that goes into the cooler. I am thinking of "upgrading" my radiator and oil cooler since they need to be replaced. I would like to keep the car at a lower temp and hopefully increase the performance some also. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should get to help keep the car cooler, any upgrades that you would have in mind would be great. Also there is a black plastic splash pan underneath the front fascia that is broken and I need to get a new one, does anyone know where to get this or the front fascia which is damaged also. Anyone selling a front fascia for a 95? Thanks so much, Paul.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once you see the prices you may want to consider an insurance claim. Fascia, radiator and cooler is going to run into some dollars. Not sure why you would need an upgraded oil cooler. Have your oil temps been running high?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just sold my extra...

But, a Ron Davis Radiator with the Internal Oil cooler will kill two birds with one stone for ya... its a fully aluminum rad, bigger than a fluidyne, and incorporates an internal oil cooler... also a big bonus for A/C performance over the summer. I have yet to come near overheating with this setup.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just sold my extra...

But, a Ron Davis Radiator with the Internal Oil cooler will kill two birds with one stone for ya... its a fully aluminum rad, bigger than a fluidyne, and incorporates an internal oil cooler... also a big bonus for A/C performance over the summer. I have yet to come near overheating with this setup.
Dan, What is the cost of the R. D. Radiator?

OP
OP
P

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just sold my extra...

Will this fit in my gen 1? Will I need to remove the air boxes like with the fluidyne radiator? And how much? Thanks, Paul.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Cost through Archer Racing is approx 1100$ w/the new Oil Lines. However, If purchased through me, I may be able to help you out... Ron Davis Radiators owes me a couple favors, and I may be able to save you each a couple hundred bucks.

Paul- if your Gen-1 has Rad hoses in OPPOSITE corners, it will fit. (upper driver, lower passenger) This Rad IS usable with the AirBox, but will require some modifications of the fan shroud for it to fit. (not a big deal, but would be easier for me to mimmick on a new shroud than explain it to someone)

Bottom Line: If either of you would like this setup, I can try and get prices for you. Also, this would be the best opportunity to upgrade your Fan as well, to 99+ style. At your option, you can purchase the Radiators through me, and have a 99+ fan and shroud drop-shipped to me for modification, and I will ship complete setups to either of you. (fan shroud can be had through PartsRack for under 100 bucks if I remember correctly)

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once you see the prices you may want to consider an insurance claim. Fascia, radiator and cooler is going to run into some dollars. Not sure why you would need an upgraded oil cooler. Have your oil temps been running high?

An insurance claim is a good idea - I did one with my deer incident to get at least some covered (I have a high deductible), and it went under comprehensive, not collision, so it didn't result in increased premiums.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Most people I have talked to have the same story with Fluidyne... it did nothing more than stock. besides... why would you go with an inferior radiator for the same price? your spending at least 900 bucks, like it or not... whether its on a Ron Davis for 900, or a fuidyne for 7-800 plus at LEAST 200 for a new front oil cooler...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PartsRack has a pristine F.E. facia in stock.
Hood, too.

We also offer the Ron Davis radiators for way-less than prices mentioned here, and we have them in stock. We hit a deer in 2000, and feel your pain. Theyb are like RATS around here.......swarms of em. My wife hit 3 at once!

OP
OP
P

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the replies and JonB, sorry to hear about your deer problems, they are like rats down here too!
I'm not sure yet which way I am going to go with Fluidyne or Ron Davis, I'm gonna have to research a little to get some stuff straight but I appreciate all responses, thanks, Paul.