Raffle SRT...Has Arrived

Venomos

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, it finally came in yesterday (Saturday) at Hartzheim Dodge in San Jose. It has been a looooong 8 months, but patience is a virtue and it was worth the wait. In my wildest dreams, I could not have imagined how beautiful the paint scheme would turn out. Unfortunately, because it was delivered Saturday, the dealer could not perform the PDI so my patience is being tested once again. I did get to play with it in the parking lot though. Now I understand why everyone is so impressed with this new generation car...it's awesome!! The management at Hartzheim Dodge has been VERY accomidating during my many visits to show off the care to my friends and family. I really apprciate their patience and understanding during my numerous intrusions.

We will be taking pictures in the next couple of days (I pick up the car on Monday) and promise to post them as soon as they are available.

MANY THANKS TO DODGE, PVO, THE VIPER CLUB, AND KUSTOM HAUS (FOR A GREAT PAINT JOB). I am overwhelmed....again.

A Very Grateful George Nunes

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Talk about exciting! And goodie for us - pictures! *grin* Can't wait to see. But if you can endure waiting for the real thing this long, I certainly can endure waiting for pics. Please, though, no excessive torturing. We are in your hands. Heh-heh.

You must be registered for see images

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PICS, PICS, PICS!! Good luck George.
PS...Don't forget the PICS! :laugh:

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
George,

Your patience was appreciated! Congratulations!

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George, I was wondering when the beast was gonna arrive!!! CONGRATS...Since you are picking the car up today,
I don't expect you on the board, but pls, PICS PICS PICS :D

Seems like we need an East Bay Get together to show off your car!!!

Tomer

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, we are now living in a shed in Los ALtos...Even closer to you!...

How are the house projects going?

Tomer

OP
OP
V

Venomos

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As it turned out, I did not pick up the car on Monday because the paperwork was not completed properly. I will be picking up the car this Saturday instead at 10:00 A.M. at Hartzheim Dodge in San Jose. If you want to see the car, this would be a good opportunity. Maurice plans to be there with his camera...no test drives though!

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we get some pics. I've been waiting so patiently. Just kidding. And to think you had to wait a whole lot longer on delivery, and now more wait. Must be killer.

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George, how can you wait till Saturday??? I'll check with my better half, but am pretty sure I can wash the
old RT/10 and get on down to Hartzeim , WITH my camera too!!!

Anyone else wanna take a Saturday morning drive? Surely Hartzeim will have some Krispy Kremes on hand :D

Tomer

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes sneaking over and taking some pics before the official unveiling, but I couldn't wait to see George's new car.

And I was shocked at how nice the paint job came out!

I'll admit that from the original sketch, I thought that the car would look cartoonish, but man they did a truly beautiful job.

It really is a show car, worthy of a nationwide tour.

--See the teaser Raffle SRT picture in the Member Galleries.--

Congratulations again George! You are a lucky man. :laugh:

As an aside, this was the first SRT-10 that I've seen up close. Do they all have suede inserts in the seats, or was that custom for the raffle car too?

-Dean.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George, how can you wait till Saturday??? I'll check with my better half, but am pretty sure I can wash the
old RT/10 and get on down to Hartzeim , WITH my camera too!!!

Anyone else wanna take a Saturday morning drive? Surely Hartzeim will have some Krispy Kremes on hand :D

Tomer

Hmmm...might have to do that. :cool:

Dean, nice pic...
61SRT_Raffle-med.jpg

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you imagine what the SRT would look like in that blue color that is in some of that paint scheme? That would be NICE!

Austin

OP
OP
V

Venomos

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I almost forgot to mention one of the key players in this whole experience. I want to thank Bill Pemberton & Woodhouse Dodge for their kindness and help in making this dream come true. Thanks to Bill, my obligations to the dreaded tax man will be as soft as humanly possible (and within legal boundaries in case the IRS reads this). Thanks Bill...thanks Woodhouse, you guys are great. Hope to meet you soon!

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
61SRT_Raffle.jpg

Having yet to see it in person, there are both qualities I like and don't like. I think the huge yellow emblem on the hood is really neat.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interestingly, I had fantasized about winning this Viper.
And wondered to myself whether or not I would repaint it or not.
I figured that I love the '96 Viper blue color (which is the color that I repainted mine), and I was going to redo the new Viper if I won. I agree that the SRT10 would look fantastic in blue, but I'm betting that they save that color for the upcoming future coupe.

But seeing this car in the flesh, it is really amazing!
And I wouldn't be able to paint over such great work, even as wild as it looks.

What's funny is if you have been in many car shows (I have been with other cars of mine in the past), and a fantastic looking classic car that everyone would drool over on the street, all of a sudden looks like a rental Camry at a car show. And yet this wild ride would take a blue ribbon at such an event because it really does stand out.

Still I think that I could drive this SRT Raffle Viper the street (as opposed to Remster's flaming dolpins, art-car).
It's not as if the Viper doesn't already turn heads.
The stunning paint job on this one guarantees it!

Having yet to see it in person, there are both qualities I like and don't like. I think the huge yellow emblem on the hood is really neat.

You mean this hood?
61SRT_Hood-med.jpg

-Dean.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If it wasn't wild and unique there wouldn't be anyone talking about it, but I personally think Nunesmobile is going to sweep numerous "Best of Show"
awards. Drive your Serpent, but let us know about the first big car show you enter, as I bet folks will be stopping so fast for a look-see,they will be
sucked outa their shoes. This has got to be an SRT-10 that has to be seen in the flesh, and give us a report after the N.Cal Viper get-together this
Saturday.

PS - Don't worry about the naysayers, George, it's just a case of Snake envy, ha!

OP
OP
V

Venomos

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Bill, I appreciate your comments. The car is awesome, pure and simple. When you see it in person with all the pearlescent colors, it just blows you away. But I realize that a paint scheme this dramatic will evoke divergent opinions. Ultimately, the one vote that counts, is mine.