Ralph Gilles' Dyno Results

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If all the engines are hand made don't you think viper should do this with every motor they build given they only made like 4 cars a day? And this is like a question directed at SRT not you personally lol.
Like any engine factory, they have suppliers or another division produce the parts to within certain tolerances. It is well known that there is slight deviation in parts. For example, in Spec Miata racing, the top guys buy multiple motors from the factory and tear down the motors and measure every part and put the best parts back together from all the motors to get a 'spec' motor that is 10% higher HP than the avg motor. I guess this is possible to happen 'accidentally' by random selection of parts from a bin, but I doubt it. Then again, sometimes you get a high number posted on here that is just a fluke without explanation.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like any engine factory, they have suppliers or another division produce the parts to within certain tolerances. It is well known that there is slight deviation in parts. For example, in Spec Miata racing, the top guys buy multiple motors from the factory and tear down the motors and measure every part and put the best parts back together from all the motors to get a 'spec' motor that is 10% higher HP than the avg motor. I guess this is possible to happen 'accidentally' by random selection of parts from a bin, but I doubt it. Then again, sometimes you get a high number posted on here that is just a fluke without explanation.

Give then huge different in hp I think he got parts from another bin not in the building lol.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And for spec racers or guys that autocross in the "stock" classes there is a saying "I paid a lot of money to make that car stock!!"

The stock classes were some of the worst offenders because it really mattered who you knew in regards to getting enough parts to go through and find the shortest springs, etc.

Cheers,
George

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jeez, id hope ralph has the juice in that company to make sure he can get one of the fastest vipers. dude is the king there...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21