Ram SRT-10 Allocation *****!

OP
OP
S

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,
Thanks for the info, not interested at this time. I have had several offers better than $2000 over sticker! I have never paid anything over MSRP for any vehicle and if there are people willing to give him sticker, he should take it and try to make a customer happy! I'll wait, next year the Ram SRT-10 will have automatic transmissions available! I waited 14 months for my 2003 red SRT-10 and decided to sell it even before it arrived, after waiting so long to get it. It takes all the fun out of the buying experience when you have to wait so long to get whatever it is you ordered! My first Viper took over a year to get also, so I have learned patience! I looked at PT Cruisers when they were hot, now locally, they are offering $6000 off MSRP!!
Bets Regards!
Sam Goldfarb
Ohio VCA Secretary

OP
OP
S

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone that viewed this post or commented and especially want to thank Mr. & Mrs. Eric Johnson ( Former Alabama/Tennessee VCA President)for allowing me to purchase their Viper powered 97 Ram pickup. It was featured in the Summer 99 Viper Quarterly. It is RED!!! He repainted all the white from the magazine picture to red! And it has an automatic transmission! Eric was a great help in describing the vehicle and then helping me load it into my enclosed 18' trailer. 2" in the back, 8" in the front and 1" on each side between the fender wells clearance.420 miles from south of Nashville TN to just south of Columbus OH in 7.5 hours and averaged just under 10MPG in a 97 Dodge 4X4 V10 dually! 70 MPH =2000 RPM

I think that Eric and I will become good friends and we have plans to meet at the Mopar Nationals in Columbus this August and then will see each other at the VOI8. One of the great benefits of VCA is all the really nice people that you get to meet!

Sam Goldfarb
Ohio VCA Secretary

OP
OP
S

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it was on there a couple times. A few months ago and then again last week. I should have bought it when I saw it the first time, as I liked the paint scheme. When my deal went south with my local Dodge dealer,on a new Ram SRT-10, I was pretty amazed to see it listed again on ebay, without the white custom paint. I didn't realize it was the same truck until Eric told me about it being in the magazine and I realized that it was the same one I had seen on ebay. To make a long story short it is now up in the air on one of my lifts and I will start detailing the underside to match the perfect exterior! It only needs a little cleanup and detailing, then I will see how it runs!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam, just so we are talking apples to apples, the ONLY thing we spoke about at our meeting was Viper SRT allocation. The truck issue is not one I know nor would I think has anything to do with the VCA. My only goal is to make sure our viper friendly dealers get vipers for our members.

I do admire the trucks and Neon's with all the extra power, but I don't know what leg the VCA could stand on by requesting any "special" allocation for either product. At least that is how I see it.

I would bet that if you can wait that when the initial "hot new product" time wears off that you will fid these SRT products fallig into the hands of the dealers that know how to sell those products.

OP
OP
S

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
Thanks for the comments! The greatest frustration was after spending well over $1 million dollars with the dealer, they strung me out for months. I ordered a Ram SRT-10 from them in October 03 and then found out that they were not even getting one and if they did the deal I had was void.I wasn't looking for any "special" treatment from my VCA membership, just making an observation about what I felt was a problem with Dodge's allocation and production. Dodge must feel some type of link to market the 50 special edition vehicles to VCA members. I would guess they could have sold the entire production run to Viper owners, but then the dealers would be mad again like the 03 SRT-10 deal! Gee, which comes first a happy dealer with a lot full of cars or happy customers? I still think there are issues with some of the dealers that are getting vehicles and whether or not they all have Viper Techs or SRT Techs? I totally agree with you about the Viper friendly dealers and intend to take my 97 in for the 998 recall to Chuck Tator, as soon as Spitzer Dodge corrects a mileage problem they created when they last did some warranty work. Seems that the service writer put 9000 miles in the computer and now it "red flags " when Chuck enters the true mileage of 3964! They have been trying to correct it for a couple weeks, I am sure one of my attorneys will be able to help them get it done!
Best Regards!
Sam

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc