Ran 11.65 @ 120.3 in a virtually stock Viper!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 73T/A SD/455 ran 11:70's all day with 70radials and some juice juice,but thats not the discussion here.Jason posted that he could run any viper in the 11's,and certainly mine with my posted times.I would like to be proven wrong.

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, uhh, I guess the Maryland mafia has decided to ignore my comment that the track does make a difference? Believe me, I would love to know that jamie et al could rip off 1.7x or even 1.8x short times at Carlsbad in a stock Viper on MXX3's. I'll throw my slicks away and practice your launching technique on street tires.

But in the mean time, since Cbad is the only track within reasonable driving distance of me, I'm stuck going there, and I will continue to believe that its condition ***** and even the self-proclaimed gods from MD might have a tougher time there than at MIR....

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never said that track prep played no role. I can definitely tell you that the track that day was not the best. However this particular race track is very close to sea level. Also I would like to say that I never proclaimed myself as a god, just a good driver. There are plenty of other people who are better drivers than me and have gone faster than me. I would like to note that at Englishtown where I beleive I was the only 11 second car with no exhaust mods that everyone was running in the same conditions and with over 40 cars there I was consistently running about half a second faster than most, even some with exhaust and headers. One othe thing that helps is the fact that I have been a serious drag racer since I was 16 years old and have probably made well more than one thousand passes down the quarter mile in mine ad other cars. Beseides what would I have to gain by lying about what I ran, I go to most of the VCA meetings and track days, don't you think that if I was runnung 12 someone would notice? I just thought I would let you guys know what a stock Viper is capable of. I forgot to mention, I just bought a Dynojet model 248. I will be dynoing my car this weekend, I'll let you know what it makes.

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,
Where did I say you or anyone else lied about times that you have run? I didn't. My original post said "impressive times" and congrats, and my appreciation for comments on your technique!

My comment about track prep was aimed primarily at Jamie and his previous comment that "it's the drivers not the track", and "You think you have seen the best street tire viper drivers in the country but you haven't, you live in illinios and were on the east coast". So, therefore, Jamie can come out to Carlsbad and knock off some 1.7x short times on street tires. As I said, who knows, maybe he can. But I have my doubts. If any of your guys are ever in SoCal, let me know, and I'll see what can be arranged.

Anyway, the 1/4 mile track going in at the CA Speedway should be well-prepped, so hopefully I can stop whining soon about crappy tracks out here.

robntguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 badgts & Joseph Houss,

When is the next time you guys going to E-Town ?
smile.gif

/rob

You must be registered for see images

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to dyno the car over the past week because of rain but I got it out of the garage today and made 424 hp and 460 torque. Not significantly more than any other healthy GTS. This was with the air filters removed.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 99R/T dyno'd @ 385rwhp,K&N,tubes,rear sub.Looks like my box of chocolates is empty,so I bought the factory.Waiting for a decent track and dyno day to post.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a stock 97gts & all my runs were on the stock mich. tires: with 2000 miles on the car & high 90's temp @ atlanta 60 ft times were 1.96, 1.90, 1.92, 1.89

same car @ Mopar southern nats 2000 with 15000+ miles on car & 9000 on tires: (note elevation in Macon 1000ft less than Atlanta!)
simular 60 ft times with the worse being 1.96 with track temp aprochaing 120 degrees +

This year @ the 2001 Mopar Southern nats , temps in the high 80's 26000 miles on car, turned a best 60 ft of 1.87
Launching @ 1500 & then punching it a few feet out
best et 12.30

See ya @ Atlanta this weekend !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave